FDSLoadr Error 27

Started by GohanX, June 22, 2012, 07:41:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GohanX

Just got my FDS system yesterday, which works beautifully, and I thought I would try FDSloadr with the eventual goal of using Disk Keeper to write my own disks. As a test, I downloaded a few FDS images, and FDSloadr recognizes them as valid images. When I hook the RAM adapter cable up the FDS will start loading, and FDSloadr shows that it is transferring, but right before it finishes it throws a Error 27 code. Does anyone have any ideas on what I need to check? Here are my ideas:

Check the cable, obviously, but I'm pretty sure I got this right since FDSloadr has no trouble recognizing the RAM adapter

It could be the computer itself. I'm using an old Athlon 1.8 using a MS DOS boot disk, perhaps FDSloadr either doesn't like the computer since it's too new or has a crappy parallel port, or doesn't like that I'm using a floppy boot disk instead of having DOS actually installed.

Or, there could be something wrong with the images themselves, but FDSloadr doesn't seem to mind.

famifan

what is your cable length?

GohanX

It's pretty short, 3 feet maybe? It was a cable to an old parallel port scanner that I had never used.

gorgyrip

1. Make sure that your unit is properly moded. 7201 chip + power board mod.
2. Some people have problems when they boot from a disk, try a bootable usb disk (it worked for me)
3. Test your cable. Is it working to play games?
4. This is how it worked for me:
a. fdsloadr + disk keeper rom
b. when "insert game" exit fdsloadr, starr fdsloadr + game
c. when "insert blanK" connect cable to disk unit and insert a disk. Now disk keeper will copy 1/2 of the side.
d. "insert game" again. don't connect cable to pc! exit fdsloadr, start again fdslodr + game.Now change cable.
e. when "insert blanK" connect cable to disk unit and insert a disk.
f. end

GohanX

It looks like the problem was the computer itself. I borrowed an old 333 mhz machine from work and fdsloader worked the very first time.

Thanks for the suggestions!

famifan

Quote from: GohanX on June 22, 2012, 02:46:20 pm
It looks like the problem was the computer itself.

wrong! The ancient and obsolete software is the real problem.

i wonder why nobody adopt the fdsloadr for the modern PCs and software.

YoshiFan501

Agreed. While on the subject my fdsloadr cable pin 1 on the pc side popped off

gorgyrip

It would be great to see an usb version.
As a side note, fdsloadr it's working great on a newer pc (3500 cpu), but it's not working on an old laptop (thinkpad 380d - 150mhz cpu, 48 ram). The point is that not any old pc will work.

80sFREAK

Quote from: gorgyrip on June 23, 2012, 11:54:03 am
PIC/Atmega based controller?
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

famifan

Quote from: 80sFREAK on June 23, 2012, 04:18:49 pm
Quote from: gorgyrip on June 23, 2012, 11:54:03 am
PIC/Atmega based controller?

i love atmega. :)
and want to play with FDS Ram adapter.

YoshiFan501

i got 2 arduinos i can test out with

famifan

June 24, 2012, 11:59:04 am #11 Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:11:05 pm by famifan
Quote from: YoshiFan501 on June 24, 2012, 10:17:13 am
i got 2 arduinos i can test out with

and what are you going to test?

let us know if you succeed in some data transmitting to RAM Adapter :)