FINISHED - 1262 Famicom games for imbnes - tested ALL
<< < (5/6) > >>
theelf:
Thanks crade  for the long reply

About cygwin, i compile a lot of unix stuff there, but not always work at the first time, most of time because dependencies problems
Sadly i have two problems now, first, no time to play much, and second a 56k internet connection... download packages is a pain

Ok, about the roms

I already finished testing the more than 900 working roms, then i made a ISO and share on internet

But i keep testing the non working ones,

Answering your question,   imbnes support  0,1,2,3,4,7,9,11,34,66,71 mappers

and about ROTK 1 and Genghis Khan....

I test Genghis Khan first,  because i see that both games are from same company, they look have same problem

Aoki Ookami to Shiroki Mejika - Genghis Khan (J).nes  >  NOT working
Aoki Ookami to Shiroki Mejika - Genghis Khan (J) [h1].nes > WORKING WELL
Genghis Khan (U).nes  >  NOT working

ok, using google,  [h1] means "hack", then is a hacked version

next, i open the roms in nestopia, and this is the info i get

Aoki Ookami to Shiroki Mejika - Genghis Khan (J).nes

CRC:          FB69743A
SHA-1:        35E34C7F7370A1CCB34014A62AD526BCC5F2B48B
System:       Famicom
Board:        HVC-SOROM, Mapper 1
PRG-ROM:      256k
V-RAM:        8k
W-RAM:        16k
Chips:        MMC1A

Genghis Khan (U).nes

CRC:          2225C20F
SHA-1:        209911D7BD15ABB7BEF2E35A473DF725B6738CD7
System:       NES-NTSC
Board:        NES-SOROM, Mapper 1
W-RAM:        16k
Chips:        MMC1B2

Aoki Ookami to Shiroki Mejika - Genghis Khan (J) [h1].nes

CRC:          067BD24C
SHA-1:        FFE1B9CD23B070C3103D17D558B4CFA381A0FF24
System:       NES-NTSC
Board:        SNROM, Mapper 1
W-RAM:        8k
Chips:        ?????

it look like the only difference about the NON working, and the working one, are that the hacked version, NOT have reference to ANY chip...

I need to learn how to hack the roms and do this...

In imbnes, the USA and Japanese normal version of Genghis Khan  only give a black screen....

greetings
crade:
I don't have the famicom genghis cart, but that US rom's CRC is right and matches the one I dumped off my cart and also the CRC listed on bootgod's db.  I would say that one looks like a bug in the MMC1 implementation in that emulator to me...  Can you confirm that the ines header is correct?  Should be mapper 1, horizontal mirroring, batterybacked yes, trained no.

Some emulators will autocorrect the mirroring for you if it's wrong in the header, so sometimes a rom with the wrong mirroring set will work in one emulator and fail in another.  nestopia probably has a way to tell you the mirroring...  I know fceux tells it to you on boot of the rom.

The hacked version has a different CRC, which means the ROM is different so who knows what changes they made to it..
theelf:

The hacked version has a different CRC, which means the ROM is different so who knows what changes they made to it..

Ok, thats cool,  your words gave me a good idea

I open both Japanese roms, the original one,  and the hacked one  in a hex editor, and found the differences

I replace one difference,  test rom... replace another... test again.... until... the non  working Japanese rom.. WORKS!!

Then i open the US Genghis Khan rom, and found the same content... replace, and now i have a WORKING US rom!!!

just i need to replace  a "26" with a  "00"

I dont have ANY idea what i replace... but it works!!

Just a 26 with a 00.....

About Romance of the Three Kingdoms ...  this game need a keyboard or something like this? is because when i start the rom, say

Chose wich

1. New Game
2. Load data

If i start smashing buttons like crazy, i get next screen, and say

OK
(Y/N)

Well.... impossible to write Y or N with a joystick :) jjajaja

remembers me a pachinco game i have with a keyboard
crade:
Rotk has a selector icon that should point to new game to start and if you push down or select it moves to load.  the y/n questions are all answered by pressing left for y and right for n
theelf:

Rotk has a selector icon that should point to new game to start and if you push down or select it moves to load.  the y/n questions are all answered by pressing left for y and right for n

Ok, Ok, i know, im very stupid... but thanks! at least, is not the typical easy way of start+A  :)

gret two more working games

Genghis Khan (U).nes and Romance of the Three Kingdoms (USA).nes
Post Merge: July 09, 2012, 06:10:08 PMOk, good news, i update the game list with:

Ch - Chinesse roms
Unl - Unlicensed roms

And more Japanese games

Now the list grows until a total of 1263 working games!!

Amazing
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page