Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 31, 2014, 01:13:45 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Famicom / Disk System (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Famicom AV Mod
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Famicom AV Mod  (Read 1861 times)
GohanX
Disk System
United States United States

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 06:46:20 PM »

I like it! I completely removed the RF/power board and put a panel mount video jack in the RF opening myself, but I haven't built up the courage to drill/file a new hole for the audio jack(s) yet.
80sFREAK
Sharp C1
Japan Japan

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »

Too much hussles with plastic, but the main thing - when you soldered cable you can be 100% sure about quality of the cable and connection.

2 Da Bear finally you stopped melting wires Smiley

I do not have paypal, facebook, twitter accounts. Don't ask me why.
Da Bear
Famicom

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 02:06:36 AM »

Filing the hole for the audiojack takes 5 minutes with a round file, not much of a hassle in my opinion.

It's the quality of the insulation on my wires that are the issue, not my skills. And as I said previous, my own private projects can look like shit for all that I care - as long as the results are pleasing Me.
80sFREAK
Sharp C1
Japan Japan

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 09:22:27 AM »

It's the quality of the insulation on my wires that are the issue, not my skills. And as I said previous, my own private projects can look like shit for all that I care - as long as the results are pleasing Me.
Things, that looks like shit might not work at all or act strange - tiny drops of solder, melted insulation etc. Also you should respect yourself.

I do not have paypal, facebook, twitter accounts. Don't ask me why.
Da Bear
Famicom

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 02:56:25 PM »

I'm aware of that. Thats where my multimeter comes in handy Wink
RGJdave
Famiclone

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 12:27:28 PM »

yes!  the square button model is super rare.  you might want to mod a round button model.  anyway, good luck with the mod. 
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: