Anyone collect actual stuff from Japan besides Famicom games?

Started by Epic_Lotus, September 27, 2012, 11:12:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Epic_Lotus

I use YHJ/SMJ to import some other random things from time to time.  Usually it's older music that I'm buying, like old video game and anime soundtracks, typically on cassette or vinyl.  I've bought a few anime tapes and DVD sets, as well.  In fact, I just won an auction for the complete Gundam ZZ series on VHS.  I'm actually really excited that the tapes aren't former rentals and don't have sunfaded spines, problems which are quite frequent when buying second hand videos from Japan (not sure why there's sunfading on many retail copies, either). 

When I'm much older and much more well-off, I intend to start in on importing car parts to have fun with  8)

Anyone else have any importing habits?

ulera

Pretty much just non-famicom video games. I do like dubbed media though, although that's japanese stuff relabeled as american and not actual japanese.

There are a few unique varieties of pepsi I'd like to import.

Jedi Master Baiter

Anything music-related:

-movie soundtracks
-anime
-video games

& naturally, a good deal of those need to be imported (thanks again, Manuel! ;D)

I'm currently looking at this beast right here.

L___E___T

I collect the odd Japanese Street Fighter stuff, some movie handbills and chirashi as well.  

I try and limit myself to collecting Gameboy, Virtual Boy Famicom and Super Famicom goods though as it's already out of hand and I don't want to end up single surrounded by cats and famicom carts.  It's not good to be a hoarder.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

nintendodork

Quote from: L___E___T on September 28, 2012, 05:40:57 am
single

cats

famicom carts
I don't see the issue here? ???

I used to really want to start a collection of pre-Famicom Nintendo stuff, but it was too expensive for me back then and I've since lost interest.  Although, it'd still be cool to have at least one toy Nintendo made in the 70s that doesn't need to be hooked up to a TV (besides a G&W, I already have two).
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Epic_Lotus

Hahahaha.  Well, never fear L_E_T,  I had both a cat and Famicom carts when I met my wife, and neither put her off   8).

DerZocker

Mostly other japanese games and Gunpla (Universal Century preferred *g)

Algo Fonix

I collect Kamen Rider memorabilia mostly. Toys and DVDs and such.

L___E___T

Oh I forgot I have a few NIB Nintendo toys and pre-famicom consoles, but I don't have a huge interest in them.  I think they're brilliant, but going after those can be an expensive hobby, especially outsdide of Japan.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Epic_Lotus

Heh, I've considered collecting Nintendo toys, too.  I think seeing some of the prices put me off, but mostly I just don't even know where to start.  Besides, I'd be too tempted to play with some of them   ;D

NintendoKing

I also buy Japanese original Gameboy games, Super Famicom games and Japanese Virtual Boy games.

L___E___T

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on October 03, 2012, 07:04:08 pm
I also buy Japanese original Gameboy games, Super Famicom games and Japanese Virtual Boy games.

ditto!  How did I forget about that?
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

egg_sanwich

Japanese video games of all sorts, but Neo Geo stuff is extra nice.

Also, old film cameras. To take pictures of old people with. And video games.

JohnnyBlaze

I am a HUGE fan of Puroresu and collect tapes and DVD's from All Japan, New Japan, NOAH, DDT, FMW, and SWS.
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

Epic_Lotus

Quote from: JohnnyBlaze on October 15, 2012, 06:19:47 pm
I am a HUGE fan of Puroresu and collect tapes and DVD's from All Japan, New Japan, NOAH, DDT, FMW, and SWS.

Can you elaborate a bit on what that is?  I'm not familiar with any of it   :-[