Anyone collect actual stuff from Japan besides Famicom games?

Started by Epic_Lotus, September 27, 2012, 11:12:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyBlaze

Puroresu is pro wrestling. The names I gave were promotions I watch. If you ever watch it, it is SO much different from American pro wrestling. It's more sport like and technical, not stupid and flashy like your WWE or TNA. It's amazing. I also get to see it live since when they make their few US shows, recently they've held them in either New York or Rahway.
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

jonathan

Japanese video games
especially shoot them up for sega saturn and sega dreamcast and arcade sticks

ulera

Anyone here collect Ultraman stuff? Despite the fact I live in the middle of farm country a bunch of actual Japanese (Not dubbed or translated) Ultraman merchandise has turned up at a local thrift store.

Epic_Lotus

I don't collect it, but tokusatsu and kaiju have always fascinated me.  I keep meaning to get into the stuff more, but I have trouble committing to a single hobyy   :-[

Yukima

I collect a frightening amount of other Japanese things:

-Manga (for series that either never finished an English run or were never translated)
-Anime (Japanese R2 DVDs and Blu-rays, when affordable, plus figures, CDs, artbooks and... yeah, games!)
-J-pop and J-rock CDs (I'm currently fascinated with indie bands and 80s bands)

Funny thing, when it comes to these things as well, I'm very interested in the 80s to mid-90s stuff. I regularly buy old Newtype magazine issues from the local comic shop, and it's interesting to find ads for Famicom, Super Famicom, Mega Drive and PC Engine games plastered everywhere (not to mention all the classic anime styles!) It's like I'm looking into another world...   :D