April 19, 2024, 07:48:12 pm

I caved and got a Wii U

Started by manuel, December 08, 2012, 03:38:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

petik1

Well, it took about a week, but I finally saw my first penis on miiverse.

manuel

Nice, guys!
Let's make a Famicom group!  ;D
I'm not at home today (Sunday we're always at my wife's grandpa's place), but in the evening I'll try to add everybody.

I can perfectly see why L__E__T want to wait. If there's no game he wants yet, there's no reason to buy one now.
And there might be a price drop. Maybe not, but maybe there is. It all depends on how well the device is selling.

I'm also waiting for the next Zelda and maybe a nice 3D Mario.

supermariolinux

Hey manuel i just remembered that Nintendo TVii is out in japan at launch, it would be interesting to see some information or at least get your opinion on it if you can. It's just North America hasn't gotten it yet and Europe/Australasia gets in next year.  :question:

Hope you are enjoying the Wii U  ;)

EDIT: oh i forgot to mention, its probably obvious but my NNID is supermariolinux  :-[

petik1

I just found out the pack in version of Monster Hunter Tri in Japan has a black, hole-less case and a darker Wii U logo thingy. This better be the way it looks for the American release.

stealthlurker

Picked up a 32gb and the new Super Mario Bros about 2 weeks ago. Still haven't opened it up yet. I'm more excited about the NeoGeo X at the moment being a huuuuge SNK/NeoGeo fan and collector.  ;D

petik1

Nintendo has officially sold me on the Wii U. This is how it breaks down.

- Nintendo Land is my social game. Couple of friends over, but they don't really play games? This is prefect.
- NSMBU is my casual game. Pick it up, play a few levels, turn it off, repeat.
- Zombi U is my hardcore game. Even on "Chicken" difficulty, it's hard. Not to mention its multiplayer is ingenious.
- Nintendo TVii is incredibly convenient for me. I usually don't watch a lot of TV, so I can take the time to browse what shows are on on the gamepad.
- Miiverse is surprisingly fun. People are being polite, creative, and honest.
- Controllers - all of them - are well built and do their job well.
- You can navigate WarWara Plaza and Menu with every control scheme imaginable. Remote, Remote + Nunchuk, Classic Controller, Pro Controller, GamePad, it all works.
- The eShop is finally the Nintendo marketplace we've been looking for. Indies are promoted, full games available, publishers set prices, and it's already seen its first sale. The Deluxe Digital Promotion is also pretty sweet. NOW JUST PUT ON SOME DAMN VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES.

Trust me, I had my worries about control schemes, multiplayer, and whatnot being so fragmented it became confusing, but it all works out. Although, I'm kind of anxious to play a *normal* game with just the Pro controller. All I really want now are some solid, creative, high quality games where we don't have to make excuses why they're good.

nintendodork

Bump!

My NNID is t-dollaz. I'm going to add everyone in this thread when I turn on my Wii U tomorrow. :)

Normally succumbing to launch fever, I was able to hold out on buying a Wii U since my best friend turned roommate has had one since shortly after launch. I ended up finding a super good deal on one locally with Smash Bros, so I finally went for it. I play Super Smash Bros all the time and just bought Splatoon today, which is way more fun than I thought it was going to be. Some things really irk me about that game though, like the fact that I bought a Pro Controller for it and I can't even use it.

Anyway, add me so I have more people to destroy in Smash Bros.  :pow: Or you can destroy me in Splatoon if you'd rather do that.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。