Rockman 4 Minus Infinity cartridge?

Started by BlueGuy, February 03, 2013, 10:15:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gorgyrip

the game requires mmc5 so laser invasion will do just fine. add some sram.

nerdynebraskan

Another vote in favor of Laser Invasion being an eligible donor. The controversy continues! Anyone else have a (semi-) knowledgeable opinion? Let's hear it!
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

jpx72

Using elrom will triple the work needed for reproing. Thats all you need to know.

gorgyrip

Hmmm. I just loaded the rom in nestopia. 1024k RRG ROM, 8k CHR RAM and 8k WRAM.
My opinion:
Get Laser Invasion. Remove chr and prg roms. Use a flash/eprom in dip package for PRG ROM.
Use 8k sram in dip package for CHR RAM. Most of the pins are the same.
Use another 8k sram in dip package for WRAM. Install it on the other side of the pcb, under the prg rom.

I've done this to mmc1 and mmc3 and it's not hard.

gr3yh47

October 23, 2013, 06:37:27 am #19 Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:42:28 pm by gr3yh47
80sFreak: Do you make repros? if so: how much do you charge? do you ship to US?

Post Merge: October 23, 2013, 01:42:28 pm

Joe at thenesdump.com will do this on an NES cart just send him an email. his prices are quite reasonable.

nerdynebraskan

@gr3y

I've bought repros from the NES Dump before. He's definitely a pretty good guy to deal with, but I don't see MI on his list of available games.

As far as the technical discussion goes, it's frankly a bit over my head. It does sound... doable, if I'm reading this right. But I guess the question for me will be if I can find a repro guy who'd take on this extra pain in the ass of a job (as it is definitely starting to sound like).

gr3yh47

ask Joe. he might be up for the challenge :p

anyway, anyone know where i can get a Rockman 3 endless or Rockman 5 endless famicom repro? I'd rather have it on famicom than NES. US preferred but willing to get it from anywhere if i have to.

leonk

Shameless plug: I offer this game (famicom as well as nes depends on donor you chose) you can see it on nesreproductions.com

XiTaU

welcome to famicom world

price looks good too bad donors are kinda rare

edit : actually some of the donors are pretty damn cheap never tried to buy a koei strategy game before.

nerdynebraskan

Leon,

I had actually seen you offering it on your website a few weeks ago. I might have to look you up when the time comes, but I'll have to get the donor first. It looks like I'll be going the Koei FC route, at this rate.

gr3y,

Joe actually has Rockman 3 Endless already listed on his hacks page. You could always buy one off of him.

gr3yh47

joe only does nes and i want it as famicom

80sFREAK

I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

leonk

Quote from: gr3yh47 on October 24, 2013, 03:16:02 pm
joe only does nes and i want it as famicom

Donor carts for this game are dirt cheap if you use famicom carts. I open famicom games without breaking tabs and have high res labels for famicom for this game.

The other thing to keep in mind is that even though this game is based on rockman  4 (which uses simple to solder mmc3 donor pcb) the version I use is the mmc5 version (more functionality and size. It's the only 8mb game I ever reproduced)

gr3yh47

I'm getting mine from leonk, who also does it for NES, so there's the answer for the OP.

Leon has been a pleasure to work with, very friendly.