March 28, 2024, 12:12:43 pm

Astérix Arcade No Miss

Started by Pit, February 16, 2013, 02:49:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pit

For all french friendly people (and others, even if you don't understand french^^), here's my no miss run on Asterix arcade game, with comments.

It's a french show where people explains how they finish a game with a challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/JsVtbJ2f8ic

Jedi Master Baiter

I didn't know there was an arcade version of Asterix. Was it ever released in the U.S. ?

Come to think of it, the only game I was familiar with was Asterix & the Great Rescue for Game Gear.

I also didn't realize Asterix was a French series. No wonder I didn't know about this guy before I played the game! :o

Pit

It was released in japan, europe an USA.

And yes, Asterix is a french serie^^. Konami developped the arcade version, and made a great job.

The master system version is also very good.

P

I'm surprised you didn't know about Asterix before you played the games! He is very popular here! The best of the movies is probably The Twelve Tasks of Asterix (Les Douze travaux d'Astérix) and it isn't based on a comic. The music and humour is so great!

Jedi Master Baiter

I was 12 when I played The Great Rescue. This was, like, 1996. Before internet was rampant.

I did get a glimpse of an Asterix cartoon years later, but I don't know which one it was. It had Asterix, Obelix, the dog, & they boarded a (pirate?) ship & easily overtook it. I remember the animation itself being particularly funny, especially one of the pirates with a (barbute?) helmet.

P

Hm maybe Asterix and Cleopatra? That one is very good too! I'm not sure because I think every movie or comic includes Asterix, Obelix, Idéfix and a scene where they beat up those poor pirates. ;D

Jedi Master Baiter

Hmm... was the dog in this one?

I remember either Asterix or Obelix chasing a bunch of soldiers back & forth, if that helps.

Sorry, for hijacking this thread, Pit. I just gotta know! :'(

Pit

Oh, no worry. It's a pleasure to talk about Asterix ;).

P

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on February 18, 2013, 06:47:18 am
Hmm... was the dog in this one?

I remember either Asterix or Obelix chasing a bunch of soldiers back & forth, if that helps.

Sorry doesn't help me much. Idéfix is Obelix's dog, and thus a main character. He probably shows up in all movies and comics. Obelix chasing roman soldiers is the most frequently occurring theme. :) The pirates are just a gag.

Jedi Master Baiter

By the process of elimination, I have deduced that it is from Asterix in Britain.

Now to find some clips. :-\