Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 27, 2016, 02:20:04 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Other Gaming (Moderators: manuel, SumixXam, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Finds (All Others)
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] Print
Author Topic: Finds (All Others)  (Read 505262 times)
HokusaiXL
Famicom
United States United States

Quack

« Reply #4155 on: February 23, 2016, 10:13:23 PM »

Picked up these at my new work place.  Was rather surprised to even find them there, let alone for cheap.

I don't know how to fox. D:
SumixXam
The Backwards Man
Global Moderator
FamicomBox
Canada Canada

« Reply #4156 on: February 24, 2016, 09:39:13 AM »

Nice. Do you work in a used game store/good will/something similar?
HokusaiXL
Famicom

Quack

« Reply #4157 on: February 25, 2016, 03:29:43 AM »

I do as of two-ish weeks ago now.  It's been a fun job so far.

DecepticonZero
Famiclone

« Reply #4158 on: February 25, 2016, 11:51:22 AM »

Been on a Famicom buying spree after being out of buying games for years.  Got about 50 carts in a few month span, and I've never owned legit Famicom carts before, so this has been fun.
UglyJoe
Administrator
Disk-kun

« Reply #4159 on: March 19, 2016, 02:19:27 AM »

Famicom Colors R.O.B. Amiibo!  He's surprisingly detailed, although I wish the head weren't turned.

L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

Hardware Collector

« Reply #4160 on: March 19, 2016, 07:22:02 PM »

Very nice!  I thought about getting one, but I just never got round to it...

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
P
Sharp C1
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #4161 on: March 20, 2016, 06:15:29 PM »

Very nice! I want one too!

zmaster18
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

« Reply #4162 on: March 21, 2016, 02:27:11 AM »

I like the Famicom ROB, but $20 is a lot for an Amiibo. My girlfriend has a huge stash of Amiibo to sell and we have 2 of the Retro 3 Pack with ROB (along with Mr. Game & Watch and Duck Hunt) and the ROB Amiibo is pretty detailed.

What are your thoughts on Amiibo? Do you have any and which one is your fave/most wanted? I like the 30th anniversary Mario ones, I have the Chibi Robo one, and I really want a Smash Luigi one because he's the only character I really play as in Smash Bros/Mario Kart.

I got a first print Villager Amiibo for christmas when it first launched. I sold it for $100, and when my girlfriend saw that she became an Amiibo reseller instantly Tongue Her mom also was obsessed with buying them. Neither of them are gamers, although her mom bought herself a Zelda Game & Watch in '89 which is kinda random! (She gave that Zelda to me! )
UglyJoe
Administrator
Disk-kun

« Reply #4163 on: March 21, 2016, 02:55:56 AM »

I like the Famicom ROB, but $20 is a lot for an Amiibo.

I paid $13.  At $20 I probably would have passed, as well.  (It's still $12.99 on Amazon with Prime).

What are your thoughts on Amiibo? Do you have any and which one is your fave/most wanted?

The Yarn Yoshi is probably my favorite.  My wife noticed that the Giant Yarn Yoshi is supposed to be in stock again at Target, so I may come home one night and find it on the bookshelf Embarrassed
P
Sharp C1
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #4164 on: March 27, 2016, 11:47:21 PM »

What are your thoughts on Amiibo? Do you have any and which one is your fave/most wanted?
Although I have none (yet) I love the concept. It's a smart business strategy as well I think. You can't just pirate them like you can with software (at least not until 3D printers gets much better and cheaper).
I'd love to get a Link, Marth, ROB (Famicom color), or Rockman (normal blue one) maybe. They are a bit expensive though and I don't own any games that uses them. I haven't spent much time on modern games lately, so it will have to wait a bit longer before I get my first Amiibo.

bogniforus
Famiclone

« Reply #4165 on: March 30, 2016, 05:04:35 AM »

How long did it take for him to send it?  He ignored me once he got me my money and has numerous reviews about fradulently selling bootlegs.  Now I guess he has moved up to outright theft.
L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

Hardware Collector

« Reply #4166 on: March 30, 2016, 08:25:47 AM »

Bogniforus are you posting in the correct thread?  It's not clear you you're directing your complaint toward.

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
HokusaiXL
Famicom

Quack

« Reply #4167 on: July 15, 2016, 06:15:38 AM »

Yet another small score.  And yes, I've already region modded for TG-16 games too.  Plus AV modded it, which took zero effort as it natively outputs composite anyway.
https://www.game-tech.us/product/turbo-duo-pc-engine-region-mod-kit/
Super easy kit to install, took me maybe an hour fiddling with aligning pins.

nusilver
Disk System

Don't be a tuna head!

« Reply #4168 on: Yesterday at 09:42:02 PM »

Okay, so I've been looking for a deal on this one for 19 years and finally just realized... you know what? I didn't have the money or means to pay for this when it was much cheaper, but I have PLENTY of rare and uncommon games I've spent money on in the meantime but never wanted anywhere near as much as I wanted this (games I got super deals on, like Trip World for $13 USD and Final Fantasy for $2.) I won't lie - it was expensive, in the low $1000s, but I've already sold enough to make up about 70% of what I paid (that along with taking care of our neighbor's animals for a week, which got me about $300), and the rest will come when I take care of those animals again next month. Also, yes, this copy was on eBay recently, but I negotiated a few hundred dollars off the price from the seller, so I definitely did not pay what he was asking originally.

So, here it is: my personal gaming holy grail. I'll also link to my Instagram Super Nintendo account if anyone wants to check out what I'm doing over there, since this was my most recent photo there. By the way, I forgot to photograph the right side of the box, but it is sunfaded like the top of it is. both sunfaded sides show a price tag of about 11,300 JPY - anyone know if that's an original price tag? What did Super Famicom games go for originally?

https://www.instagram.com/snesaday/
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:59:25 PM by nusilver » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: