Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2014, 01:28:33 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Other Gaming (Moderators: Jedi QuestMaster, manuel, FamicomFreak, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Finds (All Others)
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] Print
Author Topic: Finds (All Others)  (Read 249496 times)
Nightstar699
Always an AV Famicom
Sharp C1
United States United States

My chanko stew will blow you away!

« Reply #3660 on: April 22, 2014, 02:53:05 AM »

Yeah the x68000 boxes are fantastic. Some are in hard plastic cases with a clear front. The art books/instruction manuals are amazing too (Gradius II). The actual games themselves are pretty amazing as well.... especially considering Capcom used these computers to develop CPS arcade games.

Yup, I've got Akumajou, Final Fight, Strider etc on x68k. Here's my small, but growing collection

The Castlevania installment on X68K does look to be pretty solid, someday I need to get the PS1 version of that. Incredible collection, as always.

So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...
stealthlurker
AV Famicom

« Reply #3661 on: April 22, 2014, 03:05:55 PM »

@wholesalewatch648 - that's one of the hard things to get used to at first... a lot of times in the beginning I noticed that the cost of the actual item was far less than all the other fees, haha. Any hints on what you rescued?  Cheesy

@Nightstar699  - yeah definitely check out Castlevania Chronicles on PS1. If you like classical styled Castlevanias vs the Metroidvania trend, you'll really dig it. It's probably my favorite Castlevania to play... more so that SotN.

L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
FamicomBox
Hong Kong Hong Kong

NIB hardware collector

« Reply #3662 on: April 22, 2014, 03:28:56 PM »

You can play CV Chronicles on PSP as well of course.  I think AD X68000 is the most visually and audibly impressive actually.  It's not as polished as Rondo of Blood but I think ity has more charm.  

It certainly is great to watch longplays of on a rainy day mind:

Sharp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwkKuolGG7Q

PS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bU8jm5YHM8

大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
Nightstar699
Always an AV Famicom
Sharp C1

« Reply #3663 on: April 22, 2014, 04:19:39 PM »

Oh, I'd prefer it to SotN by a long shot. SotN looks and sounds great, sure, but I honestly can't stand Metroidvania type stuff. Chronicles/X68K just looks like a really solid entry to the classic gameplay style.

So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...
stealthlurker
AV Famicom

« Reply #3664 on: April 22, 2014, 11:23:41 PM »

Was it on the PSP "Dracula X remix" thing? I forgot. I've beaten the Sharp version, but have yet to get around to beating Chronicles. I wish they made more Castlevanias like these. I hate Metroidvanias too.

On a side note, doing it up SEGA style today. If you know your JPN Megadrive library, the games below "shouldn't exist"  Wink

wholesalewatch648
Twin Famicom

« Reply #3665 on: April 23, 2014, 02:30:55 PM »

i will give a hint : this game and its character were featured in the super smash bros series  Yoshi

I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.
Nightstar699
Always an AV Famicom
Sharp C1

« Reply #3666 on: April 23, 2014, 05:52:40 PM »

Oh wow, a Japanese Master System release which was actually called the Master System. I didn't know such a thing existed until now. And what's that included with Super Shinobi, by the way?

stealthlurker
AV Famicom

« Reply #3667 on: April 23, 2014, 07:50:22 PM »

@wholesalewatch648 ooh I'm at a bit of a disadvantage, was never a big smash brothers kind of guy  Embarrassed

@Nightstar699 what's unique about the japanese SMS too is that it has built-in "FM Sound" support which is not available on the Western SMS or stock on the SEGA Mark III (need the separate add-on). Supposedly FM Sound supported games are greatly enhanced.

The record with Revenge of Shinobi is a soundtrack for an 80s live action TV Show called Kage no Gundan. I used to watch it religiously every Sunday night. Feature Sonny Chiba and some fantastic ninja action. I put them together because it's another example of how the Japanese love to "steal" photos/art for their game covers  Grin

Nightstar699
Always an AV Famicom
Sharp C1

« Reply #3668 on: April 23, 2014, 08:51:33 PM »

I too am not big on Smash/party-style fighters, I'm just too dedicated to traditional one-on-one fighting games, a la Street Fighter or Samurai Shodown, Smash seems like a completely different world to me. Hm, I have heard the FM enhance soundtrack to Kenseiden (which is one of my favorite SMS games) and yeah, I gotta say it's pretty cool. Congrats on getting that, as much as I love the SMS (it's tied with Saturn as my favorite Sega console) my one complaint about it is just that the soundchip is... ugh. Just not a fan of it. Kage no Gundan sounds cool, always liked Sonny Chiba since I saw Kill Bill. I was thinking that record was a rare Super Shinobi soundtrack or something.

Also, my finds post will be coming in a few days. Just waiting for the last few games to arrive...

wholesalewatch648
Twin Famicom

« Reply #3669 on: Yesterday at 01:11:59 AM »

i am not a huge fan of fighting style games, but i like all things mario related , so its fall into that category.

I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.
stealthlurker
AV Famicom

« Reply #3670 on: Yesterday at 11:49:57 PM »

L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
FamicomBox
Hong Kong Hong Kong

NIB hardware collector

« Reply #3671 on: Today at 12:09:43 AM »

I love the SMD and Kage no Gundan stuff.  At first I thought the LP was of this:

Nice JP repros too - I'm doing something similar with Famicom games.

Really nice to see that JP SMS.  I think I prefer the Mark III overall - it's almost like a Famicom equivalent perhaps.  Maybe because we had a Mark 2 and Mark 1 SMS as kids.  Alex Kidd, Asterix, Wonderbo 3 (Dragon's Trap) - so manygreat games.  Can't wait to play through them on the Everdrive!

大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: