March 29, 2024, 02:27:11 am

Last game you played?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:54:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdynebraskan

Sunset Riders (SNES)

I traded for a copy a few days ago. That was a nice cart to not have to pay cash for, and such a solid game too.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

NintendoKing

I remember when I first got a copy of Sunset Riders on Sega Genesis in 1992. My dad got it for me as a Christmas gift as well as a copy of Quackshot and at 5 years old those games were the best! My brother got Mortal Kombat and Shadow Dancer (he was 8)!

Quackshot and Shadow Dancer both only had their manuals rubber banded to them because they were used but we didn't care.

Dad would always do that back then, 1 new game each then one surprise mystery cheaper game. :)

L___E___T

January 04, 2016, 03:49:03 am #4037 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 04:21:01 am by L___E___T

Been playing through F-Zero on Super Famicom.  Done all the leagues on Easy, one on Medium and they are getting more fun.  I've yet to have any real difficulty, but I know it's coming...

I saw Mo's post - I'm still yet to finish Dark Souls 2 and am not too far through Bloodborne, but I jump back on them every now and then.  SFV is going to take over though come Feb...
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

F-Zero and Super Mario World was my two first SNES games. F-Zero gets nasty on hard I think, haven't played it in a long time. Think I'm gonna play the MSU-1 hacked version when I get home again.

L___E___T

I keep meaning to set the MSU-1 version set up, I think they did a patch for BS F-Zero too!  http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2505/

As for tonight - played a marathon set of Tetris Attack with my wife - she insisted on playing until she beat me solidly...  We've been playing for hours and it's 1am now, time to call it a night!

I prefer Panel De Pon's sound and Dragon / Phoenix, but Tetris Attack has nicer visuals - and let's not forget you can play as Spot!

大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Rygar

I picked up Pac-mania by tengen for NES in the box tonight and im having loads of fun with it :) :bomb:
very good controlls and highly addictive to anybody who liked to play the original pacmans :pacman:
lots of new powerups and new enemies that jump/speed up.
:pacman: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin:
psst! over here

L___E___T

I played Battle Mania on MegaDrive - VERY good game I was pleasantly surprised!
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

MaxXimus

I played some super smash bros melee the other day. I suck badly at it, but the more I play it, the more I like it(I used to detest it and swore by the n64 smash bros)

nintendodork

You should try Smash 4 on the Wii U! It's my favorite version, not because I'm better at it than any of the others, but because it's fun to be able to choose from so many characters. The stages are really cool, too. Plus, they've added Hyrule Castle and a few other maps from the N64 version!

Last game I played was Super Monkey Ball Deluxe on PS2. I finally picked one up after several years of not having a working one because I remembered there had been one sitting in a cabinet at my university's newspaper that no one had claimed in over two years, so I took that liberty. :D
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

MaxXimus

And rightly so. Five that monkey ball game a good home. I'm sorry it was neglected for so long!

Once I get a wiiu(probably when the NX comes out, I'll give it a whirl.

zmaster18

The new Smash Bros is good. I have always mained as Luigi since Melee.

I tried playing Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U without the gamepad. I started it up and it said I need to fix my internet settings. So I go back to the home menu and open up the settings. It tells me to connect the gamepad first. I don't have a gamepad, so I can't access the settings. Fuck this stupid contraption made by Nintendo. I actually think this is the worst designed console ever. The games are good, but the interface and menus and requirement for the gamepad totally suck.

I'm locked out of more than 90% of the Wii U games I bought because I can't connect a gamepad to load the game. This is BULL.  Mario Kart 8 is one of the few games you can load without the gamepad. But since I couldn't access the settings, I can't play online. I can also confirm that Wind Waker HD can be loaded without a gamepad as well as the disk version of Shovel Knight.

I can't even play NES Remix without connecting the gamepad, even though I play with the Wii remote. WTF is up with that? I...I just don't understand what Nintendo was thinking. Unless they update all the games, this will piss me off for the rest of my life. What a huge mistake...

ericj

I always pick Luigi on Smash, too.  ;D

Any reason you don't have a gamepad for your Wii U?

zmaster18

Quote from: ericj on January 26, 2016, 06:51:40 pm
I always pick Luigi on Smash, too.  ;D

Any reason you don't have a gamepad for your Wii U?

Luigi is the best character ever, I love his variety of moves and his style :P

I sold my Wind Waker HD bundle gamepad about a year ago. I researched before I sold it if i needed it to play the games. Well, the answers I found weren't very clear. You do need the gamepad to load games. :(

I do plan on either buying a new gamepad for about $150-200, or just paying $350 for a new Wii U bundle and then just selling the console and other parts I don't need. Nintendo still doesn't sell the gamepad by itself yet!

I need the gamepad to also play Mario Maker and I want to download the new Art Academy.

ericj

Ahh, that makes sense. Can you plug in an ethernet cable and get online that way? It should be plug and play without having to access the settings screen. Otherwise, maybe you can borrow a gamepad to get everything set up until you get one.

zmaster18

Quote from: ericj on January 27, 2016, 10:43:44 am
Ahh, that makes sense. Can you plug in an ethernet cable and get online that way? It should be plug and play without having to access the settings screen. Otherwise, maybe you can borrow a gamepad to get everything set up until you get one.

Maybe I should try the ethernet cable method. I just need to find one somewhere.