March 28, 2024, 11:05:58 am

Last game you played?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:54:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghegs

Russ-5354

Half-Life 2. Getting into a bit of PC gaming.

Wanderer

Civilization 2

And working on getting Windows games to play nicely with my hardware through WINE. There's no reason a netbook shouldn't be able to play Freelancer smoothly, but I refuse to have a Windows partition.

shoggoth80

Hellnight for Playstation, after I slammed my head against the wall a billion times to get it working on my NTSC PS2. Lol. Now that I got it running, and centered, I can play it proper.

nerdynebraskan

I spent some quality time with Spiritual Warfare (NES) over the weekend. I've not quite beaten it, as the Demon's Lair sections are pretty hard.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Protoman

Quote from: nerdynebraskan on May 22, 2016, 08:25:17 pm
I spent some quality time with Spiritual Warfare (NES) over the weekend. I've not quite beaten it, as the Demon's Lair sections are pretty hard.

I've beaten that game once before. It's actually pretty good at least gameplay-wise. They chose a good game to rip off.

Personally I've been playing Xandra no Daibouken for SNES, aka Whirlo. Decent game but it's annoying that all the special attacks and moves leave you open for attacks, and
since there are one hit kills... I've read people saying the game is hard, but it didn't have to be.

Protoman

alright then, nobody has played a game for 3 months now.

MaxXimus

I've been playing Layers of Fear on PS4.  It's a recent indie horror title and I am finding it pretty entertaining.

UglyJoe

I was playing those olympics mini-games that google put out.  Got three stars on all of them eventually.  Coconut BMX was highly annoying.

Cheetahmen

I played Mobile Light Force on the PS1. I do wish we just got a straight localisation instead, I want an ac tual ending just argh >:(
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

BaconBitsKing

Duck Hunt on NES. The clay pigeon game is underrated.  :P

ombre noire

just an old retrogamer !!  (^_^)

MaxXimus

Crash bandicoot on psx.

As an aside, I have no idea what my two year old did, but he somehow made crash go purple for a second.

nerdynebraskan

So I was playing a ROM hack of Tecmo Super Bowl just now made by the American Tecmo Association. They update the rosters to modern players, but didn't use every team in this edition (which I think is from 2006, according to the hacked copyright on the title screen).

The Buccanneers, which were one of the neglected teams, literally had every player renamed to "Not Avail." (I should know, I took a sack from one and his full name popped up.) Worse yet, all the Not Avails on the Bucs had their personal attributes all reduced to bare minimums: the whole team was so slow and weak!

I learned tonight that the score counter only has two digits, because it stopped counting after I went up 99-0. It did keep accurate by-quarter scores though, so I know I actually won the game 129-0. I think I literally scored every way possible: offensive rush, offensive pass, fumble return, interception return, kickoff return, punt return, and safety. I even ran a kickoff I was returning for a touchdown out of bounds at the 1 just so I could kick a field goal.

I think I seriously had 5 or 6 safeties on kickoff returns (because the game doesn't recognize touchbacks on kickoffs). This team was so overmatched it couldn't even reliably run the kick out of the endzone before I tackled the return man.

I even got a shot of my final statistics screen for proof. My offensive numbers were only so low because I kept scoring so many non-offensive TDs.

http://imgur.com/a/lrvjU
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Protoman

Gargoyle's Quest II(Red Areemer 2) on Famicom

Finally got past the broken bridge with the moving platforms I had such trouble with, beat a couple more stages with 2 bosses, the last one of which(the frog-looking thing) I beat it with the last possible shot JUST before it was to slam into me and one my last life, that was a glorious moment.