Pirate Famicom Games in English

Started by MarioMania, February 21, 2013, 04:22:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MarioMania

I got a Contra Pirate on Famicom, It's the NES version

How many NES Games were pirated on the Famicom

Jedi Master Baiter

Virtually every NES game whose FC counterpart uses distinct mappers or only had an FDS release like:

-Bubble Bobble
-Jackal
-Rush'n Attack

Except for Metroid/Kid Icarus. ??? Wonder why I haven't seen those yet.

Nightstar699

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on February 21, 2013, 05:55:26 pm
Virtually every NES game whose FC counterpart uses distinct mappers or only had an FDS release like:

-Bubble Bobble
-Jackal
-Rush'n Attack

Except for Metroid/Kid Icarus. ??? Wonder why I haven't seen those yet.

A friend of mine has Metroid: http://www.flickr.com/photos/13721319@N08/4004701597/
But I too have never seen a Famicom cartridge of Kid Icarus.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

MarioMania

Well let me give a list

Bonk's Adventure
Mighty Final Fight
Super Mario Bros. 3
Yoshi
Yoshi's Cookie
Tetris

Have those games ever been pirated on a Famicom Cart?

Nightstar699

I've seen all of those.... except Tetris, if you do indeed mean the Nintendo version of Tetris. I do have a Tetris cart for the Famicom, but it's the Tengen game.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

MarioMania

Well manly the NES versions of

Bonk's Adventure
Mighty Final Fight

In a Pirate Famicom Cart

VinylDracula

Ive seen Famicom pirates of US exclusive titles like Kick Master, Darkman, &  Low G Man.

What I havnt seen much of is pirates of European exclusive games. Ive seen a Ufouria pirate once, but never Noahs Ark, The Smurfs, or Asterix.

Nightstar699

February 21, 2013, 09:03:04 pm #7 Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:08:45 pm by Nightstar699
Ufouria was released in Japan as Hebereke, though. But yeah, I've seen plenty of Famicom pirate carts of NES exclusives, they're quite cool. I have some of them, a few of my favourites being Flintstones: The Surprise at Dinosaur Peak and TaleSpin. It's wonderful, because so many glorious NES games were never officially released on Famicom, just as is the case vice versa.

VinylDracula

True, Ufouria was released in Japan. but theres major differences between character sprites when comparing the two.

I have a pirate hack of Talespin called "Red Pig"  I believe they were trying to rip off the animated film "Porco Rosso" with that hack.

JC

It'd be tough to quantify. Nearly every NES-exclusive I've wanted I've found pirated. Most NES games with Famicom cart releases weren't pirated. Easier to get a hold of the Famicom cart versions I guess.

Cheetahmen

I think most of the US exclusives have been pirated at some point, but good luck finding any pirates of European games. :-\
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Nightstar699

Quote from: Cheetahmen on February 23, 2013, 01:02:27 am
I think most of the US exclusives have been pirated at some point, but good luck finding any pirates of European games. :-\

Well, I have a pirate cart of Banana Prince coming in the mail for me, I think it might be of the European version. I'll see when it arrives.

Cheetahmen

Quote from: Nightstar699 on February 23, 2013, 01:03:54 am
Quote from: Cheetahmen on February 23, 2013, 01:02:27 am

Well, I have a pirate cart of Banana Prince coming in the mail for me, I think it might be of the European version. I'll see when it arrives.
Well, the only European games I have for the Famicom are on a 150 in 1 I own: Probotector 2 (included twice for some reason, which is especially dumb considering that Super Contra's on there as well ::)) and Dropzone.
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Nightstar699

Ah, I've never even heard of Dropzone, that's pretty cool. There are also those Famicom cartridges of Codemasters games, like Micro Machines, Dizzy, and whatnot... the ones that are most commonly available in Poland. However, I'm not quite sure that those are pirated, I guess they might be licensed by BIC.