Pirate Famicom Games in English

Started by MarioMania, February 21, 2013, 04:22:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightstar699

So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

cieniu71

Quote from: Nightstar699 on February 21, 2013, 05:58:43 pm
Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on February 21, 2013, 05:55:26 pm
Virtually every NES game whose FC counterpart uses distinct mappers or only had an FDS release like:

-Bubble Bobble
-Jackal
-Rush'n Attack

Except for Metroid/Kid Icarus. ??? Wonder why I haven't seen those yet.

A friend of mine has Metroid: http://www.flickr.com/photos/13721319@N08/4004701597/
But I too have never seen a Famicom cartridge of Kid Icarus.

This is Kid Icarus Cartridge -

This game belongs to my friend from Poland

MarioMania

Anymore Games that arein Full Engish?

Did they pirate Little Samson? I know there's Famicom version called Lickie

Jabra

Adventure Island 2 NES version was ported to famicom .... although it has a famicom release....also Castlevania 1

bogniforus

That post should basically say.  Hi I am Yakuza I am a liar and a thief who sells bootlegs and/or steals people's money.

fcgamer

Quote from: bogniforus on March 29, 2016, 11:08:05 pm
That post should basically say.  Hi I am Yakuza I am a liar and a thief who sells bootlegs and/or steals people's money.

Yes, I saw your message on the two or three other threads here.  Please stop bumping threads that Yakuza posted in (years ago at that) to keep repeating the same thing over and over.  Yakuza wasn't even the OP here, and you derailed a perfectly good thread to do something that (at this point) basically amounts to spam, imo.  If you have a problem with that user, please PM a mod about it.

Now getting back to the thread at hand.  I have seen a lot of games where the NES version had been used in a pirate.  A lot of Whirlwind Manu carts of FDS ports, they made a FDS port version, as well as a NES cartridge version.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

MarioMania

Is the Piratre version of Batman: Return of the Joker in Engish?

Cheetahmen

It's most likely just a copyright hack of the NES version so I'd assume it is.
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

satoshi_matrix

Quote from: Nightstar699 on February 21, 2013, 06:03:00 pm
I've seen all of those.... except Tetris, if you do indeed mean the Nintendo version of Tetris. I do have a Tetris cart for the Famicom, but it's the Tengen game.

Come to think of it, me neither. Tengen's Tetris is common on multicarts, and so is BPS's deeply flawed version. Never ever seen Nintendo's Tetris. I know it wasn't released on Famicom, but it does make me wonder why the pirates never bothered.

Cheetahmen

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on April 25, 2016, 01:04:05 am
Quote from: Nightstar699 on February 21, 2013, 06:03:00 pm
I've seen all of those.... except Tetris, if you do indeed mean the Nintendo version of Tetris. I do have a Tetris cart for the Famicom, but it's the Tengen game.

Come to think of it, me neither. Tengen's Tetris is common on multicarts, and so is BPS's deeply flawed version. Never ever seen Nintendo's Tetris. I know it wasn't released on Famicom, but it does make me wonder why the pirates never bothered.
I might be wrong on this, but I think the reason for that is that the Tengen and BPS versions run on the CNROM mapper whereas Nintendo's version runs on MMC1. My guess is that they didn't wanna bother porting it to a different mapper because there's other versions available in the first place.
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

satoshi_matrix

Ahh true. The MMC1 mapper isn't as common in pirates. I mean they do exist, but not often.

MarioMania

Quote from: Cheetahmen on April 22, 2016, 01:58:00 am
It's most likely just a copyright hack of the NES version so I'd assume it is.

Nice, Thanks

AMacias

Some companies made NES usa ports to Famicom pirate carts, I have this:

Tiny Toon Adventure: The japan versión uses the VRC4 mapper, the USA version uses MMC3, always you will find the usa versión.

Target Renegade, the usa and copyrighted version.

All The Simpsons games: Only relased in english.

Batman trilogy, all versiones are in english.

Shadow Warriors (Ninja Gaiden 1) the most common versión is the PAL version, but unplayable.

Félix the Cat,

The Flinstones 1 & 2

Snow Bros and Little Mermaid sometimes you can find the USA versión, or sometimes the japanese version.

Castlevania 1 y 2

And more.....