Want to buy: Eggerland Departure to Creation

Started by brian, March 24, 2013, 06:00:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

I have collected nearly all of the games in the Eggerland/Lolo series for MSX/FDS/Famicom/NES/Gameboy/Windows.  One of the last ones I am still looking for is Eggerland Departure to Creation (aka Souzouhe no Tabidachi).  This was the one released on the FDS disk writer (there is the other more common Eggerland for FDS which I already have).  If you have an original one that you would be interested in selling to help me complete my Eggerland collection please let me know.  Thanks, Brian.

brian

I'm still looking for this one..  Please let me know if you have one you'd be interested in selling.   Thanks, Brian.

lobdale

It is notoriously hard to come by among FDS collectors since it was a late-life Disk Writer title only (kind of like the impossibly rare Clu Clu Land Disk Version).  I have the original Eggerland complete for FDS but have never seen the sequel in the wild.  One overpriced Japanese web retailer currently has a loose copy with no folded up manual sheet for something like 40,000 yen.  There was a user that used to sell repros of it here, ericj I think could rewrite you a copy.  I know though if you're after only originals that won't do.  Since it's a Disk Writer title, it might be hard to verify authenticity outside of the label and instruction sheet (seen below), though it is the presence of those two things that are going to skyrocket the price.

Good luck!

brian

March 30, 2013, 08:08:30 pm #3 Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:36:28 pm by brian
lobdale, thanks for the info.  

Here is a picture of my Eggerland/Lolo collection so far.   I also have a Eggerland 2 for the MSX on its way that isn't pictured.   The Departure to Creation / Souzouhe no Tabidachi is the last unique Eggerland/Lolo game I don't have yet.  Hopefully at some point I'll be able to find it :)

P

Beautiful collection! The scans of the fold-out manual can be found online. I suppose the one making those repros used that one.

brian

Still looking for this.   If you have one available please let me know.   Thanks, Brian.

brian

VinylDracula

Nightstar699

I'd guess it's Fukkatsu! Eggerland for the PC.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

brian

Yes, it is "Fukkatsu! Eggerland" (aka "Revival! Eggerland") for the PC (Windows)

P

I think the Gameboy Lolo comes before the Windows games.

Also Eggerland Episode 0: Quest of Lala comes before Fukkatsu! Eggerland. You play as Lala, it has a Construction Mode and it's freeware.

brian

Still looking for Eggerland Departure to Creation (Souzouhe no Tabidachi)

nerdynebraskan

brian,

This is slightly off-topic, but I hope you'll indulge me. Is it true that the Famicom versions of Lolo and Lolo 2 (which correspond to US Lolo 2 and 3) have different puzzles than their US counterparts? I've been thinking about buying them, and I don't generally pick up multiple versions of the same game unless there's significant gameplay differences. I figured I'd ask you, since you seem to be a serious Lolo fan.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

brian

Quote from: nerdynebraskan on April 27, 2013, 09:00:14 am
brian,

This is slightly off-topic, but I hope you'll indulge me. Is it true that the Famicom versions of Lolo and Lolo 2 (which correspond to US Lolo 2 and 3) have different puzzles than their US counterparts? I've been thinking about buying them, and I don't generally pick up multiple versions of the same game unless there's significant gameplay differences. I figured I'd ask you, since you seem to be a serious Lolo fan.

I haven't played the Famicom versions of Lolo and Lolo 2 yet, but from what I have read they do have mostly different (and more difficult) levels compared to the US versions.