Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

YES Dave - that has got to be find of the month :D

Congratulations!  What a rarity!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Shumi Nagaremono

April 19, 2015, 12:50:28 am #4021 Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:15:15 pm by Shumi Nagaremono
My new office is by a pretty great game store.  Snagged these beauties for 3,600 yen... Which is about what I was prepared to pay for the Saturn port of MVC.

Yelir

I keep forgetting to post some of my misc finds, so here are some goodies from the last few months. I haven't had much desire to find game goodies recently, I've spent more time researching used gear and guitars to take somewhat of a hiatus to collecting goals.

Alas, here are some of my last temptations. Please don't judge my Game Boy habit, when my portable(s) urge comes full circle, it hits pretty hard!  :crazy:

Shumi Nagaremono

It has been a *good* week for my game collection. 

The same place I picked up the Dreamcast a week or so back had this when I dropped by on Monday. 

At 4,500 yen, there was no way I could pass it up.  Hell, 4,500 for a model 1 Mega Drive w/ the cables/controller usually runs way more than that in Akiba.  And the box looks *gorgeous*. 

As for the interior...

While the foam is cracked (since the console is wedged in here *tight*), everything else looks almost new.  The paperwork is included (along with the original stamp showing where/when it was purchased (Christmas Eve 1992).  The game looks untouched. 

I was over the moon to add this to my collection.  CiB consoles (especially their boxes) take up space that's in short supply, but this was just *so* nice looking.  Plus, it's the Sonic version, which was on my mind from reading Console Wars. 

The very next day, I dropped by the Book-Off near the train station closest to my office.  It's a pretty nice Book-Off, as far as older games go.  There's a nice selection of popular titles from PS1-current, at reasonable, if not cheap, prices.  But there are also bargain bins that I usually find one or two decent items in. 

Gold N64, w/ 2 gold controllers, AND the power/AV cables (which are surprisingly tough to find at times).  For 4,300 yen?  Yes, please.  The N64 was never really on my MUST HAVE console list.  There were only a few games I was interested in, and the only really cheap titles tended to be baseball/horseracing/soccer related.  But, when I checked out the N64 bargain bin...

...damn near ALL of those games I was interested in.  And (almost) all for 100-200 yen each.  Star Fox, Mario Party 1 and 2, VIRTUAL PRO WRESTLING 64, Donkey Kong, Ocarina of Time, Yoshi Story,  and SMASH BROS (which, in fairness, was 600).

But the haul didn't end there.  They'd also re-stocked the Sega Saturn bin. 

Clockwork Knight is one of my favorite Saturn games, but when I bought the console, I just couldn't find a copy.  They used to be as common as Mah-Jong, but they've been MIA for as long as I've been in the market for a copy.  Shining Wisdom was just an impulse buy, but Fire Pro Wrestling and Street Fighter the Movie two that I've been after for awhile (but didn't want to pay the standard price for). 

And, finally, I rummaged through the Famicom bin.  There was plenty of good stuff in there (TwinBee for 500, Pulse Line Mario Bros for 300, and a few others), but since I have the worst luck selling/trading doubles, I left 'em for the next lucky SOB.  But, I did find...

...a rough copy of Balloon Fight for only 400.  Yay! 

I think that's enough game hunting for this month.  Now, to sit down and actually enjoy the spoils of the hunt!

Pikkon

You got some awesome deals Shumi,man I need to go to Japan.

Got this in today,was another ebay find.

Nightstar699

Beautiful! Wario Land 4 is my absolute favorite GBA game. What's the other game though?
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

nabbeth

That's Kururin Paradise, a sequel to Kuru Kuru Kururin. Make sure to check this one out if you like action/puzzle games.

P

Oh I rememberplaying Kurukuru Kururin when GBA was new! How nostalgic!

zmaster18

I got 8 Sega games (SG-1000 and Mark III) for a really cheap price, but now I can't decided whether to keep them or sell them... Here's what I got:

-Alex Kidd in Miracle World
-Fantasy Zone
-Zaxxon
-Congo Bongo
-Hustle Chumy
-Lode Runner
-Mahjong
-Konami no Shinnyu shain tooru kun

All these game look like a bunch of fun and I wanted these for a long time. I don't have a Master System or Mark III or anything to play these on. Should I save these for the future, or sell now? I could really use the cash at the moment. I also have the same dilemma with a BASIC keyboard and V3 set that I got for cheap but might want to sell.... Help me decide :P

Plumtree

I bought a black GameCube from a secondhand store for £20.00, and I also got Super Smash Bros Melee for £28.00 which was a steal. The system had a few scuff marks and I dropped it on the way back home (and it booted up just fine. Power of Nintendium, I guess) and it runs wonderfully.

Pikkon

Got this in yesterday.

UglyJoe

Got my final Club Nintendo prize today:

L___E___T

Lovely!  I don't think I'm going to use my points.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

egg_sanwich

Quote from: L___E___T on June 12, 2015, 01:15:58 am
Lovely!  I don't think I'm going to use my points.

You can't just *not* use your points! There's some cool stuff still on there that could always double as trade bait if it doesn't interest you personally. Besides... you earned those points!

L___E___T

Actually I got most of them for free :D  I'll just use them for a DL code or something.  Most had expired.

Worst part?  If I'd used them I'd have been eligible for the Ambassador New 3DS...
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。