March 28, 2024, 02:39:03 pm

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DerZocker

@fredj: That reminds me of the several Mark III games I still wanted to get. ^^ Also, i still want a SC-3000 (the homecomputer-variant) or better, the addon-keyboard released for SG-1000 II and Mark III, but while there are several cheap SC-3000 around, i've never seen the keyboard on ebay or anywhere

This is the best of the last weeks. Got Hyperdimension Neptunia for Pixelstation too, but forgot to put it on the photo xD

NintendoKing

Cool Pokemon Pinball in box; I used to play that game for hours!

untinip

Not really a find because I didn't actually buy it, but I couldn't help but to smile when I saw this at H&M today:

Only 99 SEK (about $14) too! :D

stealthlurker

Does finding stuff in storage that you forgot you had or didn't know you still had count? lol

I mostly collect import gaming stuff these days, however I was cleaning out the garage last weekend and found some US SNES stuff!

Two bins full of boxed SNES games. They were even in clear box protectors:

Also found a boxed SNES console

Found a bunch of other gaming related stuff I totally forgot I had (might of even re-purchased because of it, lol), but these were the most shocking. I thought all my US SNES was long gone... or just bits and pieces as loose carts at my parents house.

NintendoKing

July 11, 2012, 04:39:34 pm #3034 Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:03:11 am by The Uninvited Gremlin
My Virtual Boy arrived today, to my shock it came with Manuals for all of the games with the exception of Red Alarm. But even still that was a fantastic bonus that I wasn't expecting.

Also it works perfectly (I tested every single game), and that is absolutely fantastic!

I am now excited for my Flashboy+ and wall plug piece and adapter to come in the mail! Then eventually Teleroboxer and Mario Clash because even though I have a Flash cart on the way its important for me to have most of the good carts as I am a collector.

petik1

Got my PSP fat at Gamestop of all places.

senseiman

I picked up a Sega SG-1000 game, Hero.  It is the first Sega My Card that I`ve ever gotten, I really love the boxes they come with:

http://famicomblog.blogspot.jp/2012/07/sega-my-card-hero.html

manuel

Good deal at 500 Yen.
A place near me has games too, but all of them cost either 980 or 1480 Yen. :/
Sometimes they have half-off sales, though.

Frank_fjs

I love the SEGA card games, I have a few of the Mark III ones as well as the card catcher device. The card catcher even works when inserted into my Japanese Master System cart slot, which is completely pointless as the console has it's own dedicated card slot but interesting nonetheless.

senseiman

Yeah, they really are great aren`t they? 

I have one of those card readers too, I just bought it last year because it was cheap but haven`t found an actual use for it yet ;D

Frank_fjs

Indeed they are very cool, only wish there were more of them. It's one of the reasons I love the PC Engine, those HuCard games are damn sexy!

Re the card catcher, I bought mine cheap from YHJ, it was 500y boxed and complete (even had the baggie) with manual - doesn't even look like its been used. To buy it here via eBay would have set me back at least $40, funny how prices fluctuate pending country. Anyhow, the reason I bought mine was to use it with my SC-3000, this only has a cart slot so the card catcher is needed here. Another use for it would be with the SG-1000 II which also lacks a card slot.

In the end though, I do all my Master System gaming on my Japanese console. It would be nice to have things like the Mark III etc, but it's just too expensive to get hold of one. I got the SC-3000 as even though the games work on the Master System, they display slightly differently due to the colour palette.

jpx72

Quote from: Frank_fjs on July 12, 2012, 02:34:49 am
Indeed they are very cool, only wish there were more of them. It's one of the reasons I love the PC Engine, those HuCard games are damn sexy!

Oh that's a Hucard! I always thought HuCard is this: :crazy:

senseiman

Thats a HUcart, not a HUcard!! ;D

Frank - funny, I paid the same for my card catcher CIB!  I have an SG 1000 II as well so I guess I can use it on that, I`ve just been using my Mark III since it is easier.  Kind of a neat little thing to have though!

Frank_fjs

Do you have the FM expansion for your Mark III? Very interesting to hear the difference in sound on many games when played with the FM sound chip.

jpx72

Quote from: Frank_fjs on July 12, 2012, 06:58:16 pm
Very interesting to hear the difference in sound on many games when played with the FM sound chip.

I have the SMS (J) model 1 with built in FM sound and the sound is awesome! I was really amazed of the difference. I wonder why the EU/US version was left without it.