March 28, 2024, 03:53:45 pm

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stealthlurker

Got around to processing more stuff from my mega haul from Japan a while back. Decided to tackle famicom related stuff I could find in the shipping boxes. Here are some of them. Lots more famicom goodness to come!  ;D

Got another boxed fami twin. This time the AN-500R. Also a Disk Writer fami diskette storage unit, mini Super Mario Bros boardgame, Famicom gun & holster, Tokyo Game Show Nintendo Sign and accompanying Gold Mario statue and fami Robot setup.

The proper way to store your diskettes!  ;D

Last but not least some SEGA love... Segata Sanshiro 12" figure and poster. Lots more SEGA love to come too  :)

Nightstar699

Oh wow, impressive as always, Stealth. That Segata figure is a real beaut, how difficult/expensive are those to acquire? I wouldn't mind getting one for myself, thanks to my recently discovered love for the Sega Saturn.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

stealthlurker

I don't know too much about this figure. Saw it from a friend's collection and had to get one myself  ;D. I don't see any on Ebay right now, but on Yahoo Japan Auctions there are 3 available.

One has a current bid of 1,000 yen. The other two are at a min bid of 9,000 and 10,000 yen. Hope that helps!

Nightstar699

Ah, thanks. I was expecting it to be upwards of 10,000 yen, so I guess I wasn't too far off. I'll look into getting one eventually, for now I got a new console just the other day, so I'll have a decent update to post early next week.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

L___E___T

Impressive finds!!  Can't wait to see more of the SEGA stuff!

I don't think I've ever seen that white gun box before - what is it?  Would you mind showing some closer pics?  I'm really intrigued as to what's inside! 
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

stealthlurker

I'll try and snap some pics for you in the near future. Right now I'm trying to ramp up "the processing" of this stuff. My computer room is a mess with packages  :-[ so I'd like to make some real progress in cutting it down and dumping the packing material at least

More new posters

Macross Chronicle

Macross Laserdisc game

P

That white box is the holster for the gun. Cool first time I see it as a separate product.

stealthlurker

Continuing with the de-bubble wrapping of goods... crazy thing is that I still have a ton to go!  :'(

Very, very rare Ninja Gaiden OVA Laserdisc

R-Type mini-laserdisc

Some boardgames... F-Zero, Donkey Kong Country and Bomberman (B-Daman)

L___E___T

Wow, more amazing stuff  - how does your wife put up with it all? :D  
Sometimes I have to bring stuff home in secret so my lady won't interrogate haha.

I think the NG laserdisc is the best part - I love the OVA art as it was used for the NG3 handbill, box and game etc.
Seen the VHS kicking about but never the Laser Disc, a very nice find!  I have the OVA saved digitally, have you seen it?  It's decent I think.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

wholesalewatch648

that DK Country board game is fricken sweet
i always look forward to seeing your amazing finds :o
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

stealthlurker

April 19, 2014, 04:57:41 pm #3625 Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:33:48 am by stealthlurker
Yeah a friend of mine had a tape copy back in the 90s. We thought it was pretty neat back then. For a while I only ever saw tapes. Then a buddy of mine got an LD. Since then I've been hard on the hunt. These suckers are rare. Now I'm on the hunt for the Salamander OVAs on LD. Those guys are very rare too  :(

Yeah I've got a thing now for those videogame themed boardgames. So quirky and out of the norm. Exactly the type of thing I'm into these days.

I've got some other really unique Famicom related goods still in bubble wrap in the boxes. I'll post them in a few days or so.

Post Merge: April 20, 2014, 10:33:48 am

Quote from: L___E___T on April 19, 2014, 12:57:34 pm
Wow, more amazing stuff  - how does your wife put up with it all? :D  
Sometimes I have to bring stuff home in secret so my lady won't interrogate haha.

My coworkers sneak in stuff like that haha. My dad also has me order golf clubs and have them shipped to my house. I give him a call when they arrive and he hides them in his trunk until the evening when he can slip them into one of his bags.  ;D

I usually keep everything neat and tidy (maybe even OCD haha). I myself don't like seeing game stuff all the over the house. I also prefer to have stuff stored in cabinets with doors. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to see a wall of games. I think being like that and keeping a strong grip on the finances gives me freedom to do this type of collecting. Although it helps once in a while to present a spontaneous gift of this season's hot handbag, shoes, etc LOL

L___E___T

You get all this stuff, and handbags, and still keep a strong grip on the finances?  That's pretty staggering, Famicom collecting has nearly ruined me..
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

stealthlurker

April 21, 2014, 08:40:33 am #3627 Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:52:43 am by stealthlurker
I suppose it's all relative.

I marvel at one of the guys I work with that collects helicopters. Real, full size actual working helicopters. He's got about 12 now. One of them being one of the largest helicopters ever built. Back in the 90s he was commissioned to have it used (he piloted it too) in the Godzilla movie with Mathew Broderick. I remember one time at work, he was playing the movie and showing me the little bits of the movie where he and the helicopter was pictured in scenes. Supposedly, they were going to use his copter and services again in the new movie. Studio was going to ship him and his copter over to Hawaii for filming, but they decided to use CG instead to save money.

...On top of all that! ... A few months ago he got a business class Jet! Now that's crazy!

Did a tiny bit more unpacking last night. Missed out on these "SEGA Bokuno Gamecenter" toys several years ago and finally was able to track down a few. Love mini stuff like this in general. At one time I had 2 real full sized versions of the SEGA Astro City arcade cabinets. Only have one now.

All the new Sharp x68000 and FM Towns titles together

L___E___T

April 21, 2014, 01:27:15 pm #3628 Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:32:17 pm by L___E___T
I really like the X68000 releases - something about the boxes and disks, they're so Japanese 90s maybe?  Either way, they have a lot of charm.

I discovered Viewpoint recently, love the animations in that game.  Do you have Akumajou Dracula X68000 as well?  I nearly bought Final Fight once during a FF obsession but snapped out of it!

______

EDIT:
Unlucky 4444th post   :fire:
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

iStreet

Where do you guys find all these great stuff??? What websites? Besides Ebay and Yahoo Japan..? ???
I always downshift near a hybrid, so they can hear me hurt the environment...