March 28, 2024, 02:40:52 pm

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stealthlurker

Yeah the x68000 boxes are fantastic. Some are in hard plastic cases with a clear front. The art books/instruction manuals are amazing too (Gradius II). The actual games themselves are pretty amazing as well.... especially considering Capcom used these computers to develop CPS arcade games.

Yup, I've got Akumajou, Final Fight, Strider etc on x68k. Here's my small, but growing collection

For me it's just about sniffing out Yahoo Japan like a bloodhound. Not too many other places I get stuff from besides a random online japanese shop.

wholesalewatch648

im excited to say i picked something up yesterday on YAJ for the whopping price of 1 Yen ...
minus of course commision,bouyout fee, EMS shipment :-[
but if i didn't bid it , surely it would have gone in the trash bin.
in any case,  now its time to play the waiting game
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

Nightstar699

Quote from: stealthlurker on April 21, 2014, 03:37:56 pm
Yeah the x68000 boxes are fantastic. Some are in hard plastic cases with a clear front. The art books/instruction manuals are amazing too (Gradius II). The actual games themselves are pretty amazing as well.... especially considering Capcom used these computers to develop CPS arcade games.

Yup, I've got Akumajou, Final Fight, Strider etc on x68k. Here's my small, but growing collection

The Castlevania installment on X68K does look to be pretty solid, someday I need to get the PS1 version of that. Incredible collection, as always.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

stealthlurker

@wholesalewatch648 - that's one of the hard things to get used to at first... a lot of times in the beginning I noticed that the cost of the actual item was far less than all the other fees, haha. Any hints on what you rescued?  :D

@Nightstar699  - yeah definitely check out Castlevania Chronicles on PS1. If you like classical styled Castlevanias vs the Metroidvania trend, you'll really dig it. It's probably my favorite Castlevania to play... more so that SotN.

L___E___T

You can play CV Chronicles on PSP as well of course.  I think AD X68000 is the most visually and audibly impressive actually.  It's not as polished as Rondo of Blood but I think ity has more charm.  

It certainly is great to watch longplays of on a rainy day mind:

Sharp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwkKuolGG7Q

PS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bU8jm5YHM8

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

Oh, I'd prefer it to SotN by a long shot. SotN looks and sounds great, sure, but I honestly can't stand Metroidvania type stuff. Chronicles/X68K just looks like a really solid entry to the classic gameplay style.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

stealthlurker

Was it on the PSP "Dracula X remix" thing? I forgot. I've beaten the Sharp version, but have yet to get around to beating Chronicles. I wish they made more Castlevanias like these. I hate Metroidvanias too.

On a side note, doing it up SEGA style today. If you know your JPN Megadrive library, the games below "shouldn't exist"  ;)

wholesalewatch648

i will give a hint : this game and its character were featured in the super smash bros series  :yoshi:
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

Nightstar699

Oh wow, a Japanese Master System release which was actually called the Master System. I didn't know such a thing existed until now. And what's that included with Super Shinobi, by the way?

stealthlurker

@wholesalewatch648 ooh I'm at a bit of a disadvantage, was never a big smash brothers kind of guy  :-[

@Nightstar699 what's unique about the japanese SMS too is that it has built-in "FM Sound" support which is not available on the Western SMS or stock on the SEGA Mark III (need the separate add-on). Supposedly FM Sound supported games are greatly enhanced.

The record with Revenge of Shinobi is a soundtrack for an 80s live action TV Show called Kage no Gundan. I used to watch it religiously every Sunday night. Feature Sonny Chiba and some fantastic ninja action. I put them together because it's another example of how the Japanese love to "steal" photos/art for their game covers  ;D

Nightstar699

I too am not big on Smash/party-style fighters, I'm just too dedicated to traditional one-on-one fighting games, a la Street Fighter or Samurai Shodown, Smash seems like a completely different world to me. Hm, I have heard the FM enhance soundtrack to Kenseiden (which is one of my favorite SMS games) and yeah, I gotta say it's pretty cool. Congrats on getting that, as much as I love the SMS (it's tied with Saturn as my favorite Sega console) my one complaint about it is just that the soundchip is... ugh. Just not a fan of it. Kage no Gundan sounds cool, always liked Sonny Chiba since I saw Kill Bill. I was thinking that record was a rare Super Shinobi soundtrack or something.

Also, my finds post will be coming in a few days. Just waiting for the last few games to arrive...

wholesalewatch648

i am not a huge fan of fighting style games, but i like all things mario related , so its fall into that category.

L___E___T

I love the SMD and Kage no Gundan stuff.  At first I thought the LP was of this:

Nice JP repros too - I'm doing something similar with Famicom games.

Really nice to see that JP SMS.  I think I prefer the Mark III overall - it's almost like a Famicom equivalent perhaps.  Maybe because we had a Mark 2 and Mark 1 SMS as kids.  Alex Kidd, Asterix, Wonderbo 3 (Dragon's Trap) - so manygreat games.  Can't wait to play through them on the Everdrive!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

stealthlurker

If there was an LP of that Yuzo Koshiro CD I'd be on the hunt  :o

I love the Mark III too. That was the first one I picked up years ago. However I do love the 80s graph look of the SMS box and the idea of FM sound built-in. Back in the day I had the NES, famicom and SMS all lined up next to each other in my room. It was great to play either SEGA or Nintendo and have the option to play famicom games before they hit the NES. The biggest one was getting Super Mario Bros 3 months and months ahead. Made me somewhat of a legend in my neighborhood growing up haha.