March 28, 2024, 08:38:20 am

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightstar699

Ohh yeah, I forgot to comment on that sick Makaimura pumpkin design. Those boss figures are just as cool, I've always thought the Ghosts N Goblins series had great enemy designs, even back before I ever played them. Gotta pick up the one on Mega Drive.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

MaxXimus

Hey  L__E__T.  I am pretty late on the 2D psx recomendations but Ienjoyed Umihara Kawase Shun. It's a neat platformer.

Post Merge: October 07, 2014, 05:16:52 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D9ErO6x7f1eI&sa=U&ei=LYE0VI3uO4ueyASViID4CA&ved=0CCoQtwIwBg&usg=AFQjCNGt1xAAY_Rm-k5Y3u4hlYXsayrYlw

Nightstar699

So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

stealthlurker

Wooooo! That's a lot of good stuff right there Nightstar!  ;D

Especially diggin' the appreciation of Rushing Beat and the Great Battle series. You plan on hunting down the other Go Go Ackman games or you already have them?

Love the box art!

L___E___T

For me it's Fighter's History and Granny Fighter ;)

Been getting back into SFC collecting - still too rich for my blood!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

Thanks fellas!

Quote from: stealthlurker on October 09, 2014, 12:35:54 pm
Wooooo! That's a lot of good stuff right there Nightstar!  ;D

Especially diggin' the appreciation of Rushing Beat and the Great Battle series. You plan on hunting down the other Go Go Ackman games or you already have them?

Love the box art!

I just couldn't resist! I've been playing quite a bit of the Rushing Beat and Great Battle games on emulator (I like to try before I buy) and they're so much fun. As for Ackman, I already have 2, so now I just need 3 to complete the trilogy, and yeah that one is definitely on my list, as well as Great Battle IV + V, and Rushing Beat Shura.

Quote from: L___E___T on October 09, 2014, 12:38:35 pm
For me it's Fighter's History and Granny Fighter ;)

Been getting back into SFC collecting - still too rich for my blood!

Fighter's History and Granny Fighter are two of my favorite fighters on SFC! For FH, Marstorius and Clown are my go-to warriors, in Gouketsuji Ichizoku Saizo Hattori is my favorite, (especially when I play online using emulator, let me know if you ever want to duke it out by the way), but Keith (the Axel Stone cosplayer, I call him) really destroys the otherwise insanely hard final boss, that charge move he has goes right through projectiles, haha.

L___E___T

I'm not very good at it - but I also like Hattori (seems a bit OP?) I have barely played it but gave it a whirl when I got my SNES Mini :)

While we're on SFC - I played Undercoevr Cops and was pretty blown away - it felt like a supercharged Spartan X 2 almost Neo Geo like I was like whuuuuuut at the Cyberpunk bits :bub:
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

DDCecil

Not sure why my Famiclone cart is by "CoolBaby" instead of "CoolBoy" :crazy:

stealthlurker

Love me some Kirby! Nice! Do you have or planning to get Wii Kirby Return to Dreamland?

I waited for a long time for the Kirby games to drop in price... but seems like games by Nintendo never go down. Then I noticed that in the second hand market the prices of the Wii Kirby games started going up! Especially return to dreamland... which is a fantastic game imho (for kirby fans)

DDCecil

I don't have it, but I hope to find it one day for a good price. Of course, I tell myself that about the Gamecube Mario Kart, but I've never found a decent price for it, either!

nintendodork

This wasn't a recent find, but I thought I'd share here that over the summer I found Kirby's Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland for $10 each. Thanks, random, slowly-dying video rental store in central Kansas.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Nightstar699

My latest additions.

Was very pleased about this acquisition, not just to FINALLY get some more PCE stuff, but also to complete my Bonk collection. Well, as complete as I want it to be, anyway.

Love the Bonk games so much.

L___E___T

Recently played Super BC Kid and was pretty blown away - was not expecting that much fun!
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

stealthlurker

Love the Bonk collection there!! Fantastic stuff!

Back in the 90s, I got a copy of one of the SFC Bonk games via email. Put the ROM on a disk and played it on my SFC/SNES backup unit. At first I thought it was a joke or a hack... I mean really Bonk on a Nintendo console?! Didn't know about FC Bonk yet. Blew me away how good it was.. one of the many SFC games I swore I would get legitimately one day if I ever had the means haha.

maxellnormalbias

B...b...by "backup unit" dd..d...do you p..perhaps mean...(pardon my french) "G*me D*c*tor"?