April 19, 2024, 05:42:55 pm

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

I've got to get something from RCG one of these days. Those modified GBAs are too cool. Glad you could get your hands on one, dude. Their Facebook page is full of rude comments going on and on about how no one ever gets the chance to actually buy anything.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

Thanks!  Well, they have the problem that their stuff is popular but all needs to be made by hand by a small bunch of folks. 

Nothing dissimilar from a fashion boutique, but trouble is people are used to Nintendo putting out thousands of these at a time, rather than 10 at a time...

Truth is they are very hard to buy from if the stuff is popular though and they're not cheap even if you do get the chance, so it can be tricky for customers and some folks will vent.

You can get RCG GB Micro faceplates and buttons reasonably easily - plus they're quite affordable too.  I saw they're making some NES themed and Gameboy-themed MIcros again but slightly different this time, I'm going to try and get those if I'm quick enough.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

zmaster18

I picked up one of these Club Nintendo Japan Famicom Notebooks and got it in the mail yesterday!

It's roughly just an inch smaller than a Famicom, but looks quite nice and very high quality. I'm not even sure if I can write in it! It's just too nice!  ::)

L___E___T

WOW, gonna have to get me one of those for sure!  Very nice!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

stealthlurker

Sweet gets guys  ;D

Some of the stuff from the past weeks...

Shumi Nagaremono

December 19, 2014, 09:52:15 pm #3950 Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:21:08 am by Shumi Nagaremono
Dropped by the Book-Off outside Kawasaki.  They recently bagged all their Famicom carts.  

Off to a terrible start w/ Galaxian at 950, GOLF for 980, and, I kid you not, Murder on the Mississippi for 1,980.  But I persevered and came away with TMNT (2), Double Dragon II, and Mad City for 250 yen *each*.

stealthlurker

December 20, 2014, 12:04:55 pm #3951 Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:11:36 pm by stealthlurker
Picked up this RGB modded PCE briefcase setup, a cool matching white retro CRT TV and a custom PCE stereo speaker

Post Merge: December 21, 2014, 12:11:33 pm

Animeigo Kickstarter Bubblegum Crisis video set. Comes with a nifty coin and some cool postcards.

French version of the recent Megadrive book. Comes with these nice prints with nice, hard paper stock.

senseiman

I picked up a vintage Nintendo in-store display from the 1950s.  Its an advertisement for their cards and totally awesome:

http://famicomblog.blogspot.jp/2014/12/rarities-nintendo-in-store-display-from.html

zmaster18

Thank Hesus your blog is back haha :P I missed it! Keep it up sensei!  ;D

stealthlurker

Quote from: senseiman on December 23, 2014, 06:21:34 pm
I picked up a vintage Nintendo in-store display from the 1950s.  Its an advertisement for their cards and totally awesome:

http://famicomblog.blogspot.jp/2014/12/rarities-nintendo-in-store-display-from.html

Sweet Nintendo memorabilia! Also congrats on the new addition to the fam  ;)

Nightstar699

Beautiful memorabilia, Stealthlurker. Really digging that Astro Boy figure. What exactly is that Samurai Shodown item, by the way? Nakoruru and Cham Cham look positively adorable there.

Also, I posted this in the Christmas thread but I guess I'll leave it here too.

Spoiler

[close]
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Jedi Master Baiter

I haven't heard of the Wind Rises, but from the premise, it looks interesting.

In fact, I haven't seen a Studio Ghibli film since Howl's Moving Castle. What else I miss? :-\

senseiman

Thanks zmaster18 and stealthlurker!

With the holidays I have a bit more time to post now, I`ll try to get a couple more up over the next week :)

stealthlurker

Quote from: Nightstar699 on December 25, 2014, 10:56:19 pm
Beautiful memorabilia, Stealthlurker. Really digging that Astro Boy figure. What exactly is that Samurai Shodown item, by the way? Nakoruru and Cham Cham look positively adorable there.

Also, I posted this in the Christmas thread but I guess I'll leave it here too.

Mighty haul of stuff there Nightstar! Especially digging the JPN GB Ninja Gaiden! That one seems to fluctuate all over the place. Were you able to get a good deal on that one?

Oh it's a Daily Planner lol. Those things were huuuuge in the 90s.

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on December 25, 2014, 11:51:27 pm
I haven't heard of the Wind Rises, but from the premise, it looks interesting.

In fact, I haven't seen a Studio Ghibli film since Howl's Moving Castle. What else I miss? :-\

The Wind Rises seems to get some flack from the mainstream. It's also Miyazaki's last Ghibli film he had some participation in before he retired....

However, about 2 weeks ago I watched the live action movie "Eternal Zero". A big budget 2013 Japanese movie that follows 2 siblings researching their grandfather who turned out to be a skilled WW2 Zero fighter pilot. Its based on a popular book. Was pleasantly surprised by this movie... watching The Wind Rises after it made it so much more enjoyable imho.

Oh man you have to watch Spirited Away!

Nightstar699

Ah, yeah, I remember having a few - of course none as awesome as that SS-themed one. Also I'd say I got a decent deal on Ryuukenden GB. It was about $60, and I would have gladly paid $100 for it so I have no regrets!
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...