April 19, 2024, 01:59:03 pm

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul-FC

Found this neat "JVC X'Eye" console today.

Never seen one before, seems to be very similar to the Sega CDX.

L___E___T

Nice!  That's the US version of the Wondermega - Genesis and SEGA CD combined.  Does it all work fully?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Shumi Nagaremono

Paul-FC

Quote from: L___E___T on January 11, 2015, 03:04:41 am
Nice!  That's the US version of the Wondermega - Genesis and SEGA CD combined.  Does it all work fully?

Good to know, also yes thankfully both the cartridge slot and CD drive work flawlessly.

I got a original JVC controller with it as well.

senseiman

Kind of a neat find for me.  Its the Atari 2800 game that never was.  Bit of a neat piece of history I think:

http://famicomblog.blogspot.jp/2015/01/interesting-find-atari-2800-discovery.html

L___E___T

Nice find - do you think certain retailers could have imported and stickered themselves?  Or do you think it's more likely there were a bunch of these all with the same sticker?
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

senseiman

I am thinking the latter, perhaps spectravision exported them to Japan on its own or something (which raises the question of whether other Spectravision games for the 2800 are out there),  The label is custom made and looks more like something that a manufacturer would have applied rather than something a store would have.

JessicaWolf

I have the good start of a PC Engine collection going now thanks to a user on here and a couple on eBay  :D

Here are a few games I am looking for right now
Super Puzzle Fighter II X (Sega Saturn)
GeGeGe no Kotarou (Sega Saturn)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Sega Saturn)
KiKi KaiKai (PC Engine) (CIB)
Puzzle Bobble (Super Famicom) (CIB)

zmaster18

Nice PCE! I had one for a little while, but all I had were crappy games so I sold it. Good games are a little hard to get for this machine!

MaxXimus

I'm working on a sweet trade right now for some CIB jN64 Games and some CIB SFC games as well as a hori mini pad (FINALLY!!!!)

I'll give more details once it is finalized but I think I lucked out here.

nintendodork

Congrats on the Hori pad. I've had a green one for a few years now and it's wonderful. My only qualm is that it's solid green and not translucent like my N64.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

MaxXimus

The one I'm getting is translucent blue with a translucent white back.

I'm actually one of the few people that actually likes the original N64 controls as well but these just seem awesome!

P

Well the only problem I have with the original N64 controller is that the stick is grinding away when using it. The Hori Mini is more sensitive though so some games may feel hard to play with it at first.

L___E___T

I read the HORI mini is the best pad to play on for N64 out of them all..

Some recent pickups from Japan I received in the recent weeks:

Really glad to have one of the best GBA games Rhythm Tengoku now in pristine condition, comes with those nice little stickers too :)  

And what can be said about Shinobi?  A must purchase, also in very nice shape for its age now, been looking for one like this for a while, it's that art!
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

Ahh, what a beautiful copy of Shinobi you've got there, L___E___T! Same art as the PC Engine version I have.

Also got it on Master System, but... I don't have a Mark III, so of course it's the hideous Western boxart for it. Though I was thinking of getting complete Mark III copies of some of my SMS favorites just for the sake of having.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...