FS: TONS of NTSC US games

Started by gr3yh47, November 15, 2013, 08:01:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gr3yh47

November 15, 2013, 08:01:35 am Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:27:07 am by gr3yh47
Most of my stuff in this list is for sale:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gameswap/comments/1p1ou6/usa_h_huge_list_highlights_nes_star_tropics_cib/

looking to get roughly 80-90% of the values on VGPC, there are exceptions in both directions but you can make an offer based on that and we can go from there. Shipping will be negotiable and the more you buy the more i'll discount the shipping price.

also looking for mega man stuff for trade.

Offer away!

gr3yh47

:pow: Bump!  :pow:

My wife and I are trying to buy a house, buy some of my stuff to :help: us out  :yoshi:

lobdale

Why do you have a million things in a for sale/for trade thread that you are not reasonably willing to sell or trade?

gr3yh47

What do you mean? Almost everything is up for sale/trade except for the Mega Man collection which is just there so people know what i don't have with regards to offers

Starred items just mean i want closer to full price/value for or the few ** items i just am more inclined to hang on to, but if someone wants to make an offer i'm willing to consider it.

fcgamer

You mention from your first post that you are looking to get almost full "value" for your items, yet you list them on a message board.  Sorry bud, that is not likely to happen.  If you want to get closer to "full value", you need to take the time and list the stuff on eBay, but with the added exposure, you also get exposed to potential scammers and eBay fees; to put it bluntly, you can't have your cake and eat it too, yet that is what you seem to be aiming for here.

Most of the people on this forum are collectors and gamers, and we know the values of  the games;  however, why should we purchase from you, if we can buy the same item off eBay for the same price, or a bit cheaper?  You need to provide us incentive, as most collectors on a gaming forum are not willing to pay eBay prices for stuff being sold on a forum, advertised as being for offer.  Not trying to be rude, just trying to offer some advice, if you are truly looking to get some sales.  ;)

Also, since this is a Famicom forum, maybe more people would be interested in this stuff if it were posted on Digital Press, NES World, Nintendo Age, etc.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

gr3yh47

Quotelooking to get roughly 80-90% of the values on VGPC

that means 10-20% lower than ebay prices 'bud'. But thanks for the 'advice'

fcgamer

Quote from: gr3yh47 on November 20, 2013, 10:21:17 am

Funny how you are going into another guy's thread and giving him similar pricing advice as to what I've offered you ;)

You can take your snarky comments elsewhere, but the fact still stands, I don't think you are going to be able to sell much of that stuff on here (or other forums), when asking almost full "value", and now with an attitude to boot.  Great way to form customer relations.

Post Merge: November 20, 2013, 09:04:22 pm

Oh, and besides that, this is a Famicom forum, not a NES forum, so you aren't exactly reaching the target market properly either. 

Man, I sure do hate when people post their rarez American NES games for sale on these threads; as an import (Famicom) collector, it would be nice if the majority of stuff sold on here were that, Famicom games, or at least imports anyway.

gr3yh47

Quote from: fcgamer on November 20, 2013, 09:02:36 pm

Funny how you are going into another guy's thread and giving him similar pricing advice as to what I've offered you ;)

You can take your snarky comments elsewhere, but the fact still stands, I don't think you are going to be able to sell much of that stuff on here (or other forums), when asking almost full "value", and now with an attitude to boot.  Great way to form customer relations.

I'm offering that advice to someone who is actually asking for 100% of ebay value. I'm being snarky because you are crapping on my thread while ignoring the facts. last time I checked 80% is less than 100%.

fcgamer

Quote from: gr3yh47 on November 21, 2013, 10:34:14 am
Quote from: fcgamer on November 20, 2013, 09:02:36 pm

I'm offering that advice to someone who is actually asking for 100% of ebay value. I'm being snarky because you are crapping on my thread while ignoring the facts. last time I checked 80% is less than 100%.

You come onto a forum and try to hawk your goods, trying to get as much as you can for them.  Another member had asked himself about why you are trading/selling stuff that you aren't going to reasonably let go of, so it isn't just me. 

Now the fact is, son, you are going onto a forum and asking to get 80 - 90% of eBay value (which value, highest value I guess?).  Unfortunately, these forums don't receive nearly the same amount of traffic as eBay does, so with prices like those, it is not overly likely the games are going to sell.  That's just how it works.  If a person wants bigger profits, sell on eBay, but also deal with the scammers and fees.  No need to act snarky when someone is just offering advice and pointing out the obvious.

With that said, I would hate to be going home to my wife every night and telling her that we don't have enough money to buy a house because I am not selling my videogames on eBay.

UglyJoe

Knock it off, guys, he's just trying to sell some NES games >:(

gr3yh47

Quote from: UglyJoe on November 22, 2013, 02:26:30 am
Knock it off, guys, he's just trying to sell some NES games >:(

Thank you :)

N64, SNES, etc too btw  ;D