I have a square button Famicom.

THE SKINNY:

Controllers / Buttons are great
AV Mod looks good
AV Mod is totally reversable
System runs great
No microphone hum

THE DEETS:

I bought it because its RF out jack was broken off. This means that since it had no video output, it saw relatively little playtime throughout its life. As a result, the D-pads are still good on it, and the A/B buttons feel great! It is rare to find a square button famicom, but even more so to find one that still has good controllers! There is absolutely no nasty microphone buzz/hum as one can often expect from old systems that need cleaning.

As the RF port was broken, I have performed an AV mod; it is based on the common one you can find on these forums. The image is stable and clear as seen in pictures below. The case has not been cut at all so if you wish to reverse the mod it will not be difficult. I have piped mono to both left and right channels so it is easier to set up on a modern stereo system. The cord is a long 6 ft. one.

This is also the latest revision I have ever seen of a square button Famicom - it is an HVC-CPU-06 motherboard, with the original 2A03 CPU (with the sound differences) but it also has SMD S-RAM! What an odd combination. It is definitely the real deal though. This is also one of the later boards that does not have the freezing issues some earlier ones were known to have.

Here are pictures of the system:

I am not sure how to price it, so I am starting at $180 shipped in the US. I am totally open to negotiations, though, as well as trades of interesting things.

famiac

I have a similar one too, pm me if interested.

nerdynebraskan

I would love one of these, but I'm a little strapped so I definitely won't be buying a second console at this time. Somebody should snap these up and cure me of my temptation.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Raverrevolution

You and me both.  I'm in the same boat.  Those square buttons are singing to me.  A total piece of history right there.

Bibin

July 17, 2013, 01:33:57 pm #4 Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 08:05:48 am by Bibin
If either of you have cool stuff I'm interested in trades / partial trades! I am looking for a Famicom Disk System, non-working is okay... I would knock a bit off the price for something like that!

Post Merge: July 19, 2013, 08:05:48 am

If you guys don't want a square button Famicom I have no idea who would ¬_¬

manuel

You have to be a bit patient.
Sooner or later you'll find a buyer.
Most regulars already have Famicoms and square button consoles are mostly interesting for collectors.

80sFREAK

$180? hmmm last square button i sold for $30, yes, thirty you read it correct.

Good luck with your sale 8)
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

Bibin

I still have this, I'm open to offers.

wholesalewatch648

try to sell on ebay many will pay higher for AV mod especially for square button
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

Bibin

Sold for $175, thank you and good night  ;D
Topic can be locked

MaxXimus

Congrats. Wish I could afford a new famicom. Mine doesnt seem to work anymore.

famiac

Did you end up selling it on ebay? I'm trying to sell mine