Tricky tricks for stuck screws?

Started by security16, July 19, 2013, 09:19:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

security16

Does anyone know any I have on last screw to undo on my DS lite and it just won't budge!  :help:

80sFREAK

I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

P

That's a last resort if you striped the screw, but it works. You can't use the screw hole again though.

security16

I managed to get the screw out after magnetising the screwdriver tip.I'm not sure drilling the screw would have worked cause it is a teeny tiny screw on the DS lite. I'm thinking i have really crappy strength in my hands at the moment I have old lady hands :(

security16

I don't know why I do this to myself but I'm having issues getting the screws out of a DSi now and the magnetisation trick didn't work. I'm trying to fix my cousins DSi but alas I can't open the *insert every expletive known to mankind here* thing and I don't have any power tools after I kicked the ex out so drilling the screw with my dremmel isn't going to happen  :'( Are there any other tricks that might help?

famifan

make sure that you're using the screwdriver with required sizing. If it will be bigger/smaller than required you will easily damage the head of screw.

regarding the tricks...  you can try to tight it a little and then untight. That works if the screw seems to be glued somehow. Another tricks is to apply the force towards to the head when unscrewing the things.

if screw has damaged phillips head you can try a slotted screwdriver. But after that trick it's probably better to completely replace the screw after.