April 19, 2024, 11:14:54 pm

Work sucks

Started by vealchop, April 23, 2007, 07:44:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vealchop

Started a new job today after 2 years at my old one. Yikes my head feels like its gonna explode. I don't think I've ever had a good first day at a job. Has anyone?
-chop

JC

New jobs always suck for a while. I've had about four or five first day experiences at jobs and they all were the same...all just as bumbling. I think that's the best word for it. There's always the learning curve. :P The worst was having to jump into serious work without any training. Learning on the job can be the worst.

Did the new job relocate you?

manuel

I had a good first day at the job I still have now. :D

vealchop

Yep, me and the fiancee packed up and moved to kansas city. I'll be an official home owner by mid-july, crazy.
-chop

manuel

Congrats on that.
I'd like to be a home owner too as soon as possible. I don't like paying rent.  :)

chimyfolkbutter

New home owner?  make sure you get a basement so you can start planning for a display/musuem  room for all your Nintendo antiques and of course famicom games. :)

Jedi Master Baiter

Umm.. I would caution you if you store any valuables in the basement.

http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=488.0

manuel

Another thing about basements is that probably your kids will want to live there at a certain age. ;)

vealchop

haha ya...it looks like the new place has like a den off to the side that the current owner keeps his 60" plasma in  :o...that will probably be my game/movie room.
-chop

manuel

Mmmhhh... 60 inch plasma... ;D

Does the TV come with the house by any chance? Would be nice. :)

kezja

Quote from: vealchop on April 23, 2007, 07:44:53 pm
Started a new job today after 2 years at my old one. Yikes my head feels like its gonna explode. I don't think I've ever had a good first day at a job. Has anyone?

Good luck with the job!

Hehe, I can't say if I've ever had a good first day at a job since I've never had one...  I better get one soon though...

JC

I just applied for a new job. :P :-\ I'll let you know how my first day goes, assuming I get the position. ;)

manuel

JC

Paper pushing, mostly, but in an area of education that interests me and where I can move up: shaping how and what students learn (curriculum and instruction).

manuel

That sounds nice. This would be interesting to mee, too.
Good luck. ;D