Do You Save the Boxes to Your Appliances?

Started by fcgamer, July 07, 2015, 11:49:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

I've been doing some cleaning up, and trying to get rid of some of the junk lying around my apartment.  I have some appliance boxes lying around, but for some reason I have just been unable to get rid of them, probably the collector instinct in me, to keep everything in good condition in case I want to sell it in the future.  But we are talking about the box to an iron, for example. 

So do you keep your appliance boxes?
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

BaconBitsKing

Only for video game stuff. Otherwise, I just throw the box out.

zmaster18

Only for a little while. If the appliance is faulty, I would return the item with its original packaging. After a while it just gets thrown out.

P

Depends on the product. I used to keep boxes for about everything but I ran out of space had to get rid of a lot of boxes. Now I keep it only if there's a good reason, and of course I keep it for anything video game related.

zmaster18

For game stuff, I'll keep the box. But if I buy something where the box is really worn, I throw it away. Even a Nintendo TV Game Block Kuzushi box.

o.pwuaioc

Generally yes. It's much easier to pack something up in its original box when moving than it is to stuff it into a new box. Plus, broken down boxes are easy to store.

chowder

I do for the higher value stuff, like TV, home cinema etc.  They go in the attic to make a home for many, many spiders  :)

L___E___T

Here's a good rule - save the boxes for things when you think you might need to sell it later down the line, and if so will the box affect the value?  Is is small enough to keep as well?

Things like TVs and dehumidifiers I rarely keep the box for, unless I can use ti to store other things in.  Everything else, (unless worthless) I try to keep boxes for.

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。