Be carefull paypal is blocking accounts for no reason.

Started by tonev, October 19, 2016, 06:04:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tonev

Recently i found out that my paypal account has been limited and that i can't use it. I was trying to buy something from ebay but it failed for some reason then when i logged in to my paypal account i found out that it is limited. And the reason for that is
QuoteOct 11, 2016: We need additional information on your recent transactions and account activity.

i have not filed anything in the resolution center since last year. All i have been doing is sending and receiving money and also buying from ebay and other sites that support paypal. I tried to find the case they were talking about in the resolution center but i could not find it so i can give them that additional information but no luck there. I tried contacting their support via email  but it has been more than 4 working days and no responce from them.  Oh and another thing at the bottom of the warning that my account is limited they say that
QuoteThis limitation cannot be appealed.

So i just wanted to let you know to not keep money in you paypal balance because they will be locked in there and there is nothing you can do about them . You can wait half an year and then maybe you will be able to get your funds back good thing i have transferred everything and my balance was at 0 .
I am back everyone :)

MaxXimus

Any time I have funds in my PayPal I make a habit of spending them as soon as I can. I also periodically remove my payment info if I feel I'm not going to be using the account for a bit.

L___E___T

I wonder if this is a new round of Russian sanctions coming in or something?  If you business with Russian banks that is starting to cause problems here for example...
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

GreenKoopa

It may not be related, but in recent months I've been getting a lot of spam pretending to be paypal stating that my account is now limited and to log in.  On bad days, i get 5 in a few hours.  The name appears to be paypal, but the actual email address hidden under the name is completely different.  Hopefully this is not what your have experienced.   

tonev

Quote from: MaxXimus on October 19, 2016, 06:09:23 am
Any time I have funds in my PayPal I make a habit of spending them as soon as I can. I also periodically remove my payment info if I feel I'm not going to be using the account for a bit.

I wish i had removed my card from my account because now i can't register it to a new account because it is already registered : / i can still pay with the only the card  outside of PayPal on eBay so i am not going to get a new one anytime soon .
Quote from: L___E___T on October 19, 2016, 07:36:58 am
I wonder if this is a new round of Russian sanctions coming in or something?  If you business with Russian banks that is starting to cause problems here for example...

I am not Russian and i had never had any business with Russian PayPal accounts so there is nothing that should trigger them in any way if they are checking transactions with Russian accounts.
Quote from: GreenKoopa on October 19, 2016, 12:37:35 pm
It may not be related, but in recent months I've been getting a lot of spam pretending to be paypal stating that my account is now limited and to log in.  On bad days, i get 5 in a few hours.  The name appears to be paypal, but the actual email address hidden under the name is completely different.  Hopefully this is not what your have experienced.   

I have not received any PayPal related spam or fake emails in the past few months.

Maybe it is because recently i have been sending amounts larger than 20$ as a gift so there are no fees ( i had been doings this for years )
I am back everyone :)

famifan

Quote from: L___E___T on October 19, 2016, 07:36:58 am

geez guys, at least that is funny to read  :)

L___E___T

Please don't take that personally FamiFan, it's just something that is is coming in to effect here so I wondered.  I know Tonev is Bulgarian or in Bulgaria at least, completely separate.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

famifan

Quote from: L___E___T on October 20, 2016, 10:16:42 am
Please don't take that personally FamiFan, it's just something that is is coming in to effect here so I wondered.  I know Tonev is Bulgarian or in Bulgaria at least, completely separate.

that's ok, you're welcome  :) i don't treat it as something personal, don't worry. I can vouch for sure i never heard of any issues with paypal in Russia even for the last few years (it's not the hardest time though economical crisis is still in progress here). I just know that paypal could be asking for ID or other documents for the verification.

and paypal doesn't like when you're using your account outside of your country -> http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=11503.0

regarding any sanctions, i'm afraid those're quite ephemeral or even virtual. only few hundreds of high level politicians are affected and a dozens of companies related to them. plus some sort of restrictions of importing various good and food.
that practically means, unless you're a big businessman which is going to import literally tons of food/goods from tiny list of restricted items or is going to work from/with the dozen of "abandoned" companies, you will never be affected noway nohow by all of these stupid sanctions.

so everything is as always and just fine. I'm still active paypal user and have B/S/T thread  :) so, please deal with confidence.  8)

Yelir

I have heard when you're having serious problem to call them directly. I would not wait around on emails and try to get it sorted immediately. I have never really had much problems in my experience but good luck with getting it fixed?  :mario: