Anime

Started by kite200, April 28, 2007, 12:03:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kite200

Anyone here like anime? some good ongoing shows im watching right now are

Jigoku Shoujo and its second season Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori

and

Death Note

those are pretty good, i know there's lots of others airing now but thats what i've been watching recently.

what do you guys like?
ステキ

manuel

Of course I like anime.

I like Bleach for example. Very funny and well thought anime.

Apart from that I'm really into Studio Ghibli films like "Tonari no Totoro", "Sen to Chihio no kamikakushi", "Neko no ongaeshi" and the likes. Those are great.

And a secret tip from me: Try to find "Haunted Junction" and "Kacho Oji". ;)

Jedi Master Baiter

I'm into Studio Ghibli films as well; saw Howl's Moving Castle not too long ago - it was nice but didn't compare to Sen to Chihiro in my opinion.

Crash Dummie

No, I don't like anime or manga. I'm a Marvel Comics guy!!!
A Winner Is You.                                             -The FW Québécois

Switchstance

I don't like Anime and mostly I hate Otakus or people obsessed with anime. I'm a captain tsubasa, Saint Seiya fan, the common stuff. I hate when otakus talk and talk and don't shut up about tons of series that are dumb or dumber than US/European cartoons. For me watching cartoons or animation stuff doesn't care where they belong, if the serie is good, it's enough for me.
Famicom lover

kezja

Quote from: Switchstance on May 01, 2007, 05:19:51 pm
I don't like Anime and mostly I hate Otakus or people obsessed with anime. I'm a captain tsubasa, Saint Seiya fan, the common stuff. I hate when otakus talk and talk and don't shut up about tons of series that are dumb or dumber than US/European cartoons. For me watching cartoons or animation stuff doesn't care where they belong, if the serie is good, it's enough for me.

Hey hey, I don't like otakus that do nothing but talk about anime and break it down into tiny bits and pieces where the show isn't fun to watch anymore.  But for the general consensus, they aren't bad people.

I'm obsessed with anime.   Does that mean you hate me?  =p

Seriously, there aren't many US cartoons that are worth watching nowadays...  I swear Spongebob kills me braincells...  I can't stand that show and dislike it with a passion. 

But back to anime.  For the topic of Bleach, the show is kinda like DBZ.  The battles aren't drawn out as long, but the series is a long one.  They're currently in the 120's episode-wise in Japan and I have no clue what they're on in the States since I don't keep track.  I'll admit it is funny, but well thought is going to go downhill once you hit the fillers...  Eventually it will get better.

As for Death Note, it is another enjoyable series.  It can get boring at times and they really add a lot of drama for certain simple events (ex:  eating a potato chip).  The mental game and the characters are the strong points of the show.  It just is one of those shows that makes you question your values at times, and it keeps you hooked with that "fantasy" element that keeps anime unrealistic.

The rate I'm going, I'll turn this post into an essay...  So I'll just tell you guys what I'm currently watching that I highly recommend for anyone else to watch.  Naruto Shippudden, D. Gray Man, Gigantic Formula, Nodame Cantabile, sola, Darker than Black, Claymore, Hayate no Gotoku, Bleach, Death Note, and Reideen.  Long list eh?

Switchstance

Well I hate people who is obsessed with anything. Can be cars, dark music, violence, internet. Obsessions aren't good.
Famicom lover

kite200

I found this weeks death note episode very lame. this is the only ep i havent enjoyed
ステキ

vealchop

I like 80's stuff (hokuto no ken)

And I've watched every episode of Slam Dunk which was awesome. Even read the fan translated manga.
-chop

manuel

Slam Dunk is great.
I have the complete Japanese manga series. 8)
I also downloaded the anime series the last day, but haven't wantched all of it yet, only a few episodes.
Slam Dunk is really funny and highly recommended. ;D

kite200

if we're talking about stuff from the 80s, i have to admit i find the earlier gundam series highly entertaining. but then in the late 90's they decided to bastardize it with that gundam wing crap that i hate.
ステキ

vealchop

They were dubbing it in the states (Slam Dunk that is) and got as far as ep 20 I think before the series was discontinued. But its such a great series. The manga goes even further than the series, I'm sure you know that though. Too bad there might never be a second part!
-chop

manuel

[insider tip]Try to find the subtitled videos of Slam Dunk.[/insider tip]

The Ancient

How about Elven Lied?

I watched it and it's a good anime.

Doc

I'm personally a HUGE fan of Detective Conan/Case Closed.