April 20, 2024, 12:20:04 am

Anime

Started by kite200, April 28, 2007, 12:03:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2A03

Semi-related here, is anyone here a meganekko fan?

For those who don't know what I'm talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meganekko

manuel

Well, most characters with glasses are quite cute I must admit. :)

133MHz

Lol I didn't know such a term existed, and yeah, I agree with manuel ;).

manuel

There's also a whole lot of AV (adult video) with meganekko contents... ;)

kite200

ステキ

2A03

Quote from: manuel on January 26, 2008, 10:38:37 am

Amen to that. Here's a secret shame of mine: I actually have a whole bunch of meganekko pics on my iPod (and all of them are work safe).

FamicomFreak

Quote from: manuel on January 26, 2008, 10:38:37 am

hey we have common likes. I sometimes force my gf to wear her glasses because it's hot!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

133MHz

Does anybody here know Nintama Rantarō (忍たま乱太郎) ?

manuel

Quote from: 133MHz on January 27, 2008, 11:28:58 pm
Does anybody here know Nintama Rantarō (忍たま乱太郎) ?

Yeah, I watched that once or twice in Japan. I don't remember it too well, though.  :-[

satoshi_matrix

To revive this thread, I've recently seen the second OVA series for the wonderful wonderful Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (君が望む永遠 for manuel XD) If you guys are at all interested in drama, this is highly recommended. KGNE deals with real life and real situations. It could just as well be live action. Funny thing is, its based on a ho-hom pc hentai game, but the show itself has nothing to do with that, it isn't even ecchi. It's been released in the west as Rumbling Hearts, which is the name of the PC game's theme song.

KGNE is a heartfelt series about love, trust, friendship, betrayal, and downright simple emotional stress and pain. It plays out like a daytime soap opera meets anime meets good

I highly highly recommend you guys check it out.

Rogles

Anyone watch Kidou Senshi Gundam? If not, and you want to watch a subbed version... PM me. I am in love with this series. Sure, the animation's kind of primitive, but it was the 70's. It's just got a certain charm to it. The original mobile suits were the best, I think. They were imaginative. Now, they just see how many spikes they can fit on a mobile suit while still being able to fit someone in it. ZIEG ZEON
( ยด_ゝ`)

nintendodork

Only anime I have come to remotely like is Death Note
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

FamicomFreak

Quote from: nintendodork on January 22, 2009, 08:53:12 am
Only anime I have come to remotely like is Death Note

You watched the live action Death Note movie?
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

thegreatgonzo

I don't get to watch too much anime series. We do keep anime movies such as Vampire Hunter D (old one) and VHD Bloodlust in rotation...and Wicked City on rare occasions.
I took a chance on a limited series called "Reign: the Conqueror" which is a new spin on Alexander the Great, and was thoroghly entertained. Made by the same folks who did Aeon Flux.
My buddy has quite a collection of "La Blue Girl" :-X
Dance, puppets... dance!

UglyJoe

Any of the Minami-ke series are good.  It reminds me of Azumanga Daioh for some reason.

Quote from: thegreatgonzo on January 22, 2009, 11:28:17 am
I took a chance on a limited series called "Reign: the Conqueror" which is a new spin on Alexander the Great, and was thoroghly entertained. Made by the same folks who did Aeon Flux.

Heh, I remember when Adult Swim showed Reign.  They got so many complaints about the guys in skimpy clothing and homoeroticism (it's such a double standard!).  I thought it was pretty interesting -- but I like Aeon Flux, too, despite how confusing the series can be.