data recorder tape images

Started by ramidavis, April 30, 2012, 01:05:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ramidavis

Hello all, new to the forum. ;D
I just discovered the world of Family Basic (on an emulator, not hardware). i have a tiny bit of knowledge of basic on c64, so i wanted to try it.
I know as far as the c64 goes, there are sites that catalog "type-in" listings/scans, and even sometimes provide disk images or tape images for use on hardware(if you have the ability to transfer the images to a disk/tape) or emulator.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any site or resource that may have .tp (nestopia), .tpr (jnes) , .vtp (virtuanes) format tape images, or just listings period for Family Basic?

P.S.: Hello World! -
0 gosub1: gosub 10:end
1 cls:beep
5 print"hello world":return
10 play"cder1bo1cde":goto 1
8)
Any chance of getting a Family Basic section for the board, mods?

UglyJoe

I've only seen one site with two game programs on it: http://page.freett.com/familybasic/familybasic_download.html

There's some code out there for a program that pokes audio registers and plays music from Space Harrier.  I typed up the source a while ago (search for it on the forums).

Quote from: ramidavis on April 30, 2012, 01:05:13 pm
Any chance of getting a Family Basic section for the board, mods?

Nope.  Not nearly enough demand for its own board.

UglyJoe

The OP asked for this in a PM, but I figured I'd share it with everybody.  I had posted a wav file of a program in another Family Basic thread, but didn't post any source code for it.  It's a short program that I copied out of a book called ファミリーベーシックで遊ぼう! (Let's Play with Family Basic!, I think).  The program lets you control a spaceship using the d-pad and fire a bullet using the A button.

WAV file: http://ximwix.net/storage/wrap.wav
Source code: http://i.imgur.com/tNqT2.jpg?1

jpx72

Quote from: UglyJoe on May 03, 2012, 06:02:19 pm
a book called ファミリーベーシックで遊ぼう! (Let's Play with Family Basic!, I think).  

...WOW.. is there any chance of scanning the whole book? :) I know, somebody would have to translate it after anyway, but maybe at least post other source codes, if there are others...

ramidavis

Not that i know how to translate japanese or anything, but i second that.
Any chance of sharing that little book of yours? Please?

And by the way, that game is pretty neat! Thanks for it! :gamer:

80sFREAK

No matter, how good translation is, original always better ::) Congratulations, by the way
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

jpx72

UglyJoe

Quote from: jpx72 on May 03, 2012, 10:09:35 pm
...WOW.. is there any chance of scanning the whole book? :)

90 pages and a slow scanner :-[

Maybe.

fredJ

There are some programs in the family basic manual too
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

UglyJoe

Quote from: UglyJoe on May 04, 2012, 04:57:37 am
Maybe.

I'll try to scan a few pages per day.  At the very least, the Internet needs to see these derpy Mario illustrations.

http://imgur.com/a/CBnOi

I'll host the whole thing as a zip file on FW once I'm done.

ramidavis

May 05, 2012, 12:37:22 pm #10 Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 05:40:05 pm by ramidavis
Ulgy joe, simple words alone can not do justice, so i present to you, this program, as thanks:
Spoiler

10 cls:print"t"
11 locate 1,0:print"h":locate 2,0
12 print"a":locate 3,0:print"n":locate 4,0:print"k":locate 6,0:print"y"locate 7,0:print"o":locate 8,0:print"u":locate 9,0:print "1":locate 10,0:print"!":locate 10,0:print" ":locate 9,0:print" ":locate 8,0:print" ":locate7,0:print" ":locate 6,0
13print" ":locate 5,0:print" ":locate 4,0:print" ":locate 3,0:print" ":locate 2,0:print" "locate 1,0:print" ":locate 0,0:print" ":locate0,0:print"t":print"doumo arigatou gozaimasu."goto 11
[close]

the attached thanks.txt has an error.
line 11 should be 11 locate 1,0:print"h":locate 2,0
I have corrected this in the code above.
DONE - thanks-new.txt is corrected .txt file.

I am really, terribly sorry.. somehow, both .txt files i uploaded had errors.:-[
this is the proper code:
10 cls:print"t"
11 locate 1,0:print"h":locate 2,0
12 print"a":locate 3,0:print"n":locate 4,0:print"k":locate 6,0:print"y":locate 7,0:print"o":locate 8,0:print"u":locate 9,0:print "!":locate 10,0:print"!":locate 10,0:print" ":locate 9,0:print" ":locate 8,0:print" ":locate7,0:print" ":locate 6,0
13print" ":locate 5,0:print" ":locate 4,0:print" ":locate 3,0:print" ":locate 2,0:print" ":locate 1,0:print" ":locate 0,0:print" ":locate0,0:print"t":print"doumo arigatou gozaimasu.":goto 11

Please download the file "thank-you.txt" , the other two are errors! :'(
Fire up your emulator and type this in, or if it supports cut and paste, copy from the above code box.
Or, try it on your real hardware.

UglyJoe

You're welcome ;D

Also, pro-tip: don't hard-code when you can do it modularly:

jpx72

Quote from: UglyJoe on May 05, 2012, 11:42:31 am
I'll try to scan a few pages per day.

It's really appreciated UglyJoe, thank you!

UglyJoe

I looked at the Nestopia .tp file format today.  It turns out they're just a headerless unsigned 8-bit PCM wave file with a 32000 Hz sampling rate.  You can do an "Import Raw Data" in Audacity (settings here) and save it as a wav file.  Hook up an audio cable from your PC to the FB keyboard and you can load it up on the real hardware.  Conversion works in the other direction, too.

Duke.Togo

Quote from: UglyJoe on May 06, 2012, 02:23:06 pm
I looked at the Nestopia .tp file format today.  It turns out they're just a headerless unsigned 8-bit PCM wave file with a 32000 Hz sampling rate.  You can do an "Import Raw Data" in Audacity (settings here) and save it as a wav file.  Hook up an audio cable from your PC to the FB keyboard and you can load it up on the real hardware.  Conversion works in the other direction, too.

That is insanely cool. I'm going to have to give this a shot. It would be fun to throw a lot of them on my iPod to make it easy.