Last game you beat (including Famicom)

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:29:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

boye

Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan). It's not that hard, but the NSO rewind feature definitely helped a lot.
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

Sydsydsyd

Terminator 2!! I finished it two times on last days. Super fun game  :D
Yeah, sure

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Jedi Master Baiter

August 26, 2019, 06:49:58 pm #798 Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 10:20:10 pm by Jedi QuestMaster
Quote from: FamicomFreak on August 25, 2019, 11:12:31 pm
Mega man x3! Snes !

I've gotta give it to you. Quite an accomplishment. Now give it to me! I want that game! Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Edit: Just completed Tiny Toon Adventures 2 :) I MISS THESE CHARACTERS! :'(

Ghegs

I finally got around to properly playing and clearing Super Contra (Famicom), I must've had the game for ~five years now. In the end it probably took less than 10 tries to finish the game on a single credit, and I ended up clearing not only the second, but the third loop as well on the same credit. Probably could've done fourth as well, but I had to do something else by that point.

DDCecil

3 Fami Games within the week: Power Blazer, Happy Birthday Bugs, and Tokkyuu Shirei Solbrain (Had a weird glitch when dying on the final boss, the "Continue/End" text was messed up, and the red ball was on "End", and thank goodness it was actually "Continue"!

L___E___T

I played Lords of Thunder on Mega CD for the first time yesterday evening - hell of a game!  I got my ass handed to me first play as I had a quick muck about on what I realised was the penultimate level first and didn't finish the level - but after a reset and proper playthrough I was able to beat it basically first time round.  Some of the armours feel pretty OP - while Earth armour felt pretty pointless.  Great game though, thoroughly enjoyed it.  I'll be opting for Super difficulty next time I think!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Protoman

I'm on a roll, beating 4 games in about a week!

Ganbare Goemon 2 on SFC
Magical Girls SFC
Dino Wars (aka DinoCity) SFC
Magic John on Famicom

DDCecil

Super Pitfall. Thank goodness for the continue code!

Jedi Master Baiter

After putting it off for over a month, I completed Resident Evil 2 with Claire. I can't believe I was so close! :'( If I had just put one more playthrough in I would've beaten it early October! :o

Protoman

Ganbare Goemon 3 on Super Famicom.

Took a long time as it's a Zelda-y overhead game mixed with platform stages with more puzzle elements than before. Good game though, best Goemon so far imo.

Nakazoto

Final Fantasy 2 here for me. Although, it was the GBA version.

Protoman

Quote from: Nakazoto on December 20, 2019, 02:44:52 pm

I just can't get around that battle/leveling up system, it's so crippingly awful.

I beat Ghouls n Ghosts today :D (first loop, "practice" difficulty)

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: Protoman on January 04, 2020, 01:20:21 pm
Quote from: Nakazoto on December 20, 2019, 02:44:52 pm
I just can't get around that battle/leveling up system, it's so crippingly awful.
What's so hard about attacking yourself, never leveling up your fourth character and pawning all of his items before he dies?

P

If FF2 is played like a normal RPG it will take forever to beat it, because getting stronger takes so much longer time than in other games. Instead, whenever you want to become stronger, you should do training sessions just outside a town with weak enemies. You also needs to know how to raise each stat. For example HP and vitality will raise at the end of every battle where the character's HP goes down to a critical value at any time. Also abusing the select/cancel bug makes it easier to train certain stats and skills. Details here.

It is easy to make different builds. One guy with a lot of HP, another that can heal and one that can use offensive magic etc.