March 28, 2024, 10:45:37 am

Finds (NES)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

This is where you can document all of your purchases!

Any NES game, accessory or merchandise find goes here.

See the other threads for:

Finds (Famicom/FDS)
Finds (16-bit)
Finds (All Others)

Speedy_NES

I'll start with some eBay finds that I got in the mail today:

QuickShot Scope for NES new in package, but plastic piece is disattached from the cardboard backing :(  (seller says it was fully attached prior to shipping, but I'm pretty sure that's a lie....oh well).  Paid 10 euro for it shipped, which is a lot less than what it has sold for in the past.

Lion King mint in box, 13 euro shipped

and a Famicom find...Super Mario IV !!  7 euro shipped!

JC

Do you know if Super Mario IV is the Armadillo hack or something different?

Speedy_NES

Ahh, is that what the original game is called.  Yeah, I'm confident it's the hack.  I used to have the NES version of the game as well until I sold it recently.  Is the Famicom cart version rare?  This was the first time that I saw it anywhere, so I immediately picked it up :)

JC

I don't know how rare it is. You probably know that pirates don't sell for much anyway. I have the same SMB4 Armadillo hack but it came on a Famicom multi-cart called Super Mario Family '92: HERE.

Doc

It is a weird hack...

Anyone know of the Super Mario World Famicom hack? I used to have the rom...

nes_pwnerer

JC

That's an awesome hack! Thanks for the link. I've been trying to get my hands on that cart for a while now. Haven't found it yet. Actually, I haven't gotten my hands on any of the 16-bit down to 8-bit hacks.

Doc

JC

I wouldn't pay more than about $30 for it. That's the highest I go with unique pirates. But because it's got an aura of cool around it, I bet it could get $50.

NESHero

I have just brought for the NES

New Ghostbusters II
GhostBusters II
Faxanadu
Tom and Jerry
Super Spy Hunter
Also known as Pineapplehead.
Australian Retro gamer.

JC

Nice finds, man. :) Is New Ghostbusters II any good?

JC

Fine then, NESHero. Be that way. :P

Went to a thrift store yesterday and picked up a CIB Challenge Set. It was my first significant find in DC's overly priced thrift stores. Cost me $14, not bad.

vealchop

What!?? Jesus christ 14 bucks!!!!! Nice!
-chop

JC

Finally picked up a Snake Rattle N Roll and manual. It's among my top five games and I had yet to find a nice looking copy for cheap. :)