Last game you beat (including Famicom)

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:29:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

untinip

Final Fantasy II (Famicom version with an English translation patch). Didn't like it as much as the first game, but still good. Now on to the third one! :bub:

Jedi Master Baiter

July 27, 2018, 11:33:11 pm #782 Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 07:34:06 pm by Jedi QuestMaster
I've gotta play the third one, too!

Also, I just finished Castlevania III on the second quest with Alucard. I alternated between two playthroughs between Sypha and Alucard on the paths separate from where you pick them up on the first quest... and I couldn't get past the sunken city with Sypha. :( She couldn't freeze the water. :'(

Great, yet frustrating game, and sometimes unforgiving game. :)

Edit: Completed Shantae: Pirate's Curse barely under 2 hours by exploiting a jump trick to skip the final palace (I wasn't going to go through all those again!)

Double Edit: 100%ed Pirate's Curse in 2:47 or something and still unlocked the 100% Speedrun wallpaper. GameFAQs says the time is 2:30 for the 3DS. I guess it's 3 hours? ???

Protoman

I beat Zelda 2 FDS today!

I grinded myself to 6 lives then set out for the grand palace, lost half those lives on the way, got to the firebird and beat him on my last life with little health left, then died at Dark Link with him having ONE piece of health left(and YES you better believe I did the "crouch and stab" thing) Then as I continued I saw that some of the items like the extra life was gone and I thought I would have to reset to truly try again but as I got to the firebird again he wasn't there, so I got to try Dark Link again with full health and then I could beat it pretty easily(although he does jump on you even in the corner).

Jedi Master Baiter

I remember purposely dying at the Great Palace just so I could start with all my lives there. Not sure if I remember that boss being dead once I beat it. ??? But then again, it wasn't a hard game at that point.

Is it harder on the FDS?

Protoman

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on March 26, 2019, 06:40:19 pm
I remember purposely dying at the Great Palace just so I could start with all my lives there. Not sure if I remember that boss being dead once I beat it. ??? But then again, it wasn't a hard game at that point.

Is it harder on the FDS?

I think it's probably about the same, but in the FDS one instead of having a leveling-up tree thing with rising EXP levels, you have to level up all 3 stats evenly or you get set back to the lowest level when you die (if you died with 5-2-3, you get set back to 2-2-2). This is a bit rough, but on the other hand when you reach Lv8 you only need 4000 to get an extra life and not 9000.

P

I always save all the dolls for the Great Palace (or actually they are temples not palaces) except the one in the Maze Island temple, that one is just too bothersome to go back and get. That way you should have more than enough lives for the last battle without grinding. You will probably get at least one more from experience points on your way to the last boss if you have maxed out all stats.

From my experience I'd say the FDS version is a bit harder than the NES version. Enemies seems to do more damage to you. On the other hand certain enemies can damage your experience points in the NES version, and zoras and tektites can only be defeated using magic (which makes the rather useless Fire spell useful). Shadow Link is nerfed in the NES version. The trick to duck at the left edge does not work in the FDS version, you have to fight him fair and square. Low attacks are still quite effective though, just not fail-safe.

Also see this post (and the next few posts), for some more changes.

L___E___T

Beat Time Diver EON Man on a first sitting - I'm no Takahashi Meijin so I suppose it's quite easy.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

R_Leo_1

Last beat Sonic 3D Blast, found it to be a lot better than some people say.

adori_12

Super Mario Bros. 2 for the FDS. I still need to beat it 4 more times in order to play the A-D worlds, but it's nice to commemorate its 33rd anniversary by beating it once again! ;D
De todo un poco es el sabor de la vida, ida y vuelta en lo de siempre, empobrece y deja roto.

Jedi Master Baiter

Resident Evil: Director's Cut - played both Standard and Advanced modes with Chris and Jill and got 6 of the 8 endings, but now I don't feel like playing anymore.

I didn't get the endings that are missing Rebecca because I couldn't ever seem to get her killed unless I was playing as her (which means everyone dies ;D Haha!  :fire: Oops! :help:).

Jedi Master Baiter

RoboCop 3 - short and sweet, but single screen ending, so >:(

FamicomFreak

Metal storm for the NES, picked it up at a convention early July
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Protoman

Quote from: FamicomFreak on August 05, 2019, 08:16:50 am
Metal storm for the NES, picked it up at a convention early July

Did you get the best ending?

I just beat Mega Man Network Transmission for Gamecube.

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: Protoman on August 05, 2019, 08:57:05 amI just beat Mega Man Network Transmission for Gamecube.

Did you get the good ending?

I just beat read a walkthrough for RoboWarrior and followed its directions. Very promising game, but very poor execution.