What are you listening to now?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:15:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

Nothing at the moment, but I just got back from the first Knotfest, a festival of bands that is hosted by Slipknot in their home state of Iowa. A friend of mine had an extra ticket and offered to take me!  The bands that played were Dirtfedd, Prong, The Urge, Serj Tankian, The Deftones, Machinehead, Lamb of God, and Slipknot, in that order.  No one really paid attention to anything until Serj played, but that and everything after it was marvelous. Also my first metal show of any sort, and my second concert ever. (The first being pre-MtM Linkin Park, you know, when they were still good. ;))
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

son_ov_hades

That fest sounds horrible haha. Prong is really great classic 80s crossover, but the rest of those bands... :-\

UglyJoe

Quote from: nintendodork on August 18, 2012, 01:10:15 am
The bands that played were Dirtfedd, Prong, The Urge, Serj Tankian, The Deftones, Machinehead, Lamb of God, and Slipknot, in that order.

Arrive late, watch Deftones, go home ;D  I haven't heard anyone mention The Urge in a loooong time, though (1996).

nintendodork

I really like Lamb of God, I always have and the show was cool because it was Randy's first show after being out of jail for a few months. I've always been sort of into Slipknot but not really, but the show itself was cool.  I wish I would have watched more of the Deftones and the Urge because I'd heard of the bands but never actually listened to any of their music, and what they played at the festival sounded cool. There were two stages that each had four acts, so you had to sort of go back and forth and sometimes the acts would overlap, but it all worked out and I had a good time. :)
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

JohnnyBlaze

For an 80sFreak, there's also a 70's one and that's me.

Here's my last three songs:

"So Into You" - Atlanta Rhythm Section
"You're No Good" - Linda Ronstadt
"The Way You Do The Things You Do" - UB40
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

Cheetahmen

So Solid Crew - 21 Seconds

Dunno why, but I always liked UK garage. :P
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

son_ov_hades

Cheetahmen

Quote from: son_ov_hades on August 26, 2012, 05:32:04 pm
Symphony X - Whispers
Oh hey, someone else who's heard of Symphony X. (My music tastes are varied to say the least)

Anyway, Toploader - Dancing in the Moonlight (AKA that song from Four Lions)
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

UglyJoe

Headphone-Tokyo - Hands

Quote from: Cheetahmen on August 26, 2012, 05:45:34 pm
Symphony X - Whispers
Oh hey, someone else who's heard of Symphony X. (My music tastes are varied to say the least)

I've heard of them, too ;D  I think V is a great album.

nintendodork

August 26, 2012, 06:17:15 pm #1854 Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:49:53 pm by nintendodork
Just discovered a band called Strand of Oaks and listening to a lot of his stuff on Spotify.

Edit: And now, for some random reason that I don't know, I'm listening to Shelley Kagan's lecture on the nature of death, specifically "Believing You Will Die."

Deep stuff...

son_ov_hades

Quote from: Cheetahmen on August 26, 2012, 05:45:34 pm
Symphony X - Whispers

Anyway, Toploader - Dancing in the Moonlight (AKA that song from Four Lions)

I'm from New Jersey, loving Symphony X is mandatory  ;D. They're actually from a town not 20 minutes away from where I live. Michael Romeo used to work at the guitar center nearby, and in high school my friend took drum lessons from Jason Rullo.

Apocalypse - The Light 

ulera

Oak Ridge Boys and Tanya Tucker.

JohnnyBlaze

Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

Agent X

Been awhile since I've been in these parts (Famicom World) but will prolly be around more often.  Might as well get restarted with contributing to the OFF TOPICs area first.  Last thing I listened to was...

"Bad Boys" by Hyper Crush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_33C0sddQR4

LOVE that group.
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

nintendodork

Welcome back Agent X! Where have you been!?

I'm currently listening to a demo track created by the guy who makes the "High 5 Toons" series on Youtube. The song I'm listening to can be heard in his video called "Pikachu on Acid" http://youtu.be/X5Izm1LQfw4