October 23, 2021, 01:53:34 pm

Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

Perfume -- enthralling, curious and poignant. But it comes off as one of those movies with too many endings...like the last fucking Lord of the Rings film which had the most endings I'd ever seen in a movie. Had they cut off this movie just a few minutes sooner, the ending would have been much more profound.

UglyJoe

Quote from: JC on August 09, 2007, 10:24:37 pm
Perfume -- enthralling, curious and poignant. But it comes off as one of those movies with too many endings...like the last fucking Lord of the Rings film which had the most endings I'd ever seen in a movie. Had they cut off this movie just a few minutes sooner, the ending would have been much more profound.

I saw that last weekend.  I totally agree about the ending being pretty weak.  By that point in the movie, though, I was just happy it was over.  I think they should have cut about half an hour from the first part of the movie.  I mean, what was the point of having an hour of film to introduce the main character?  If it had made me feel some sort of empathy for him, then maybe it would have been worth it, but he just comes off as a total creep for the entirety of the movie.

Har the cat

Intergalactic cat says: Is this planet Earth?

JC

Quote from: UglyJoe on August 10, 2007, 04:46:25 am
I saw that last weekend.  I totally agree about the ending being pretty weak.  By that point in the movie, though, I was just happy it was over.  I think they should have cut about half an hour from the first part of the movie.  I mean, what was the point of having an hour of film to introduce the main character?  If it had made me feel some sort of empathy for him, then maybe it would have been worth it, but he just comes off as a total creep for the entirety of the movie.


I wouldn't call the ending weak. It was meaningful up to the last scene in the market. To further disagree, I was totally amazed the entire time because of the unique concept, the underlying theme of sensual (senses) spirituality and the interplay with the profundity of the essence of women. Besides, the movie was largely about quirky characters, particularly the main character who came off as both eerie and beloved -- lengthy character development was essential to the plot.

To each his own...

vealchop

Hot Rod....it was fuckin awesome!  :D
-chop

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

manuel

Rush Hour 3 starts next week in Germany. I'd like to see it.
Is it good?

FamicomFreak

Quote from: manuel on August 11, 2007, 12:21:49 pm
Rush Hour 3 starts next week in Germany. I'd like to see it.
Is it good?


Yeah I liked it well I like all jackie chan movies really but he doesn't do that many exciting stunts like before because of his age which is understandable. I do recommend seeing it.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

JC

I actually like the first two Rush Hours, and I'm usually very picky about my comedy.

I watched Elvis: Great Performances today. Cool dude, until he got fat.

manuel

Then I'll have to see Rush Hour 3. I liked the first 2 parts of course.
The scene with the woman who wants to chop off the chicken's head for Carter and he starts to panic and then walks off with the live chicken:  ;D :D

Doc


manuel

Watched K1 today.
Bob Sapp (=pathetic) vs Peter Aerts and Mighty Mo vs Semmy Schilt.

vealchop

^^^ NICE!!!! I didn't know there were any other MMA fans in the house! I was a big PRIDE fan now I pretty much just watch UFC and whatever league Fedor fights in (bodog?).
-chop

manuel

I enjoy watching good fights.
Sometimes I watched PRIDE in Japan, too. Here in Germany they only show K1, though. They don't offer too much in this direction unfortunately.

vealchop

youtube man, they got pretty much everything.
-chop