The Memorial Thread (of those who have passed on.)

Started by Doc, September 23, 2006, 11:21:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mindfreak

nensondubois

Nightstar699

So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

JC

J.D. Salinger -- Catcher in the Rye is a fantastic lesson in the loss of innocence.

son_ov_hades

Howard Zinn, beloved destroyer of historical idols like Columbus. 

Nightstar699

Also, the guy who voiced Heihachi in Tekken (and also lots of anime voices) died recently. :(
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

nensondubois

Bramsworth

I remember watching this show all the time when I was much much younger. I can't even remember a thing about it today, much less anyone who was on the show. I'll have to check it out again sometime.

FamicomRetroGamer

Some artist named "Guru" died a few days ago, he did a lot for the music industry but now he's gone.

http://www.djpremierblog.com/2010/04/20/guru-passed-away-after-hard-battle-r-i-p/

Don't wanna say "RIP" cuz that sucks ass, better said, "people won't forget what you done".

IMO saying "RIP" sucks, what's the point of saying RIP if you never met him/her? Sayin' RIP is lame, and people should stop using it.

I only use R.I.P in special occasions, like a relative/friend passes away.

Damn, I hope in the future they'll do a time machine so I can go back in time and fix the shiz I've done. ;D

Medisinyl

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140129

I got to see him twice in concert (once for Dio and the other for H&H). I've never seen anyone more pleasant onstage, nor show as much appreciation for his fans as Dio.

This is rather depressing and shocking news. Unfortunate too that his passing was due to the same ailment my mother had--it seems to bring this news closer to home for me.

For my mother's funeral, I had a poem read that I had written some years back. I'll post it here as well:

Hero

The body of a hero, guided by the skies
makes selfless actions through and through.
For heroes pass away, and honor never dies.

Ridding mind of pain and fear, a hero always tries
through timeless scars, shades black and blue
the body of a hero, guided by the skies.

Heroes may push through crimson clouds and metal flies
through all nature, to life anew.

Of young and old, black and white, of all religious ties
one may just look and find in you

For a hero can be one that tells no lies
or shows all their love, and shares it too.

Yet to be a hero, have honor one seldom buys
know first, both peace and war entomb

By: Gregory Stephen Jones II

tankexmortis

Man, first Frank Frazetta, and now Dio? This has been an awful week for metal. He'll be missed.

JC

Dio was great. I was lucky enough to catch him in concert once...

133MHz

Quote from: tankexmortis on May 16, 2010, 01:58:03 pm
Man, first Frank Frazetta, and now Dio? This has been an awful week for metal. He'll be missed.

Indeed. This is quite depressing. :'(

UglyJoe

My dad seemed pretty bummed when I told him.  He saw him perform a couple of times back in his prime.