Technical and Repair Assistance

Started by b3b0palula, September 10, 2006, 01:08:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

madman

Sounds like a grounding issue, though I don't know why it'd go away after a few mins  ???

keiffer01

March 12, 2007, 04:20:40 pm #61 Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:46:33 pm by keiffer01
I just tried to leave it on for a couple of mins, and still no image! Ohh what could it be!?

JC

I don't know about you specific problem, but it took me several months to get my Famicom in working order. I had an 80s TV, which didn't help, since most back then didn't have any channels past 60ish. So, I got myself a newer TV with the ability to reach the 90s. I play my Famicom perfectly on channel 98, with the option on the back of the Famicom set to channel 1. I use RF. Works for me. Maybe yours is just a broken Famicom.

bailung

Hi,

After some surfing I stumbled upon this site, i hope some of you out there can help me.

I recently got a Famicon HVC-001 model (AV MOD) off of Ebay from some guy in Thailand. Upon recieving I connected it to my Sony Wega monitor (which can handle NTSC-J and the rest) and fed it with a Super famicom adapter.

Picture

When I turned on the system with "Armadillo" all I got was a humming sound and red bars scanning the screen. When I contacted the guy I bought it from he said:
"Some time it need to be put the some IC in console for help you play in Europe."
and sent the IC and instructions for placing it.

Picture

From what I undestand I'm supposed to leave audio alone. Put the chip infront of video output and connect to ground B. Then reconnect former ground B wire to RF Ground.

Problem is however I haven't got a clou where I can find B. Video is yellow, audio is red and there's 3 brown cables going to unmarked points.

Picture

Picture

Picture

Can anyone help me connect this stupid IC? I mailed the seller repeatedly, but he ignores me.

Thanks

madman

It looks like the B point will be the video ground from the original cable.  I don't see where he had video ground originally hooked up, as there's not enough wires.  This would be part of the problem of not getting a proper signal :)  I've got the same mod done to my Famicom, I'll open it up tonight and look for you.

MarioMania

Is there anyway to fix a Super NES & Sega CD that not turning on..Can it be fixed if it was fryed

madman

I'd need more information than that to figure out of it's fixable.

madman

OK, so I looked at my modded Famicom and it appears yours is done wrong.  See the below pic (I didn't take pics of mine, but I can if you wish).

The red circle is where the video center pin wire should be hooked up.  The blue pins are soldered together and there is where the video ground (outer part of the RCA plug) should be wired to.  That should work fine for you.  Let me know if you need help with anything.

MarioMania

Well first the Super NES

I have like a Dead Super R Type Board..It got erased, I try it again on my SNES, But like a dork, I put the board backwards to see if something, No light..

As for the Sega CD, I couldn't find my other AC for the Gen or the SMS, So I used a 12V AC. I had the 12V hooked up to the Genesis 1 & the Gen AC to the Sega CD, When I turned on the Genesis I heard a hum & white screen I turned it off, I hooked back up the Gen 2 with the Sega CD2..the light won't come on

I hope you could understand..

JC

Can anyone identify what's going on with this mod? Got this Famicom with this mod and don't know what it's trying to accomplish. Looks like AV, but the cord coming out the back has only one end on it instead of both A and V.

kite200

ステキ

JC

So you're saying this is an AV mod, and if I buy a splitter, I should, in theory, get both A and V to work? I tried getting the Famicom to work through the traditional RF. Does the mod somehow disable the RF?

madman

I'm not sure what kite means about using a splitter.  Can you take a pic of the other side of that board?  Is a new connector wired onto the back of the Fami?

It's hard to tell if the RF board has been altered from that tiny pic.  That wire running from the RF board doesn't seem normal, I'm wondering if the mod has audio coming through the normal RF connector and video going through the other connector that the other 2 wires go to.

madman

Quote from: kite200 on April 02, 2007, 10:25:05 am
if you had it with audio in the rf and rca carring video, then how would you get both to run at the same time?

I'm not sure I understand your question.  I'm saying, it looks like there's a wire from that mod board to the center pin of the RF connector.  If the RF board is completely disabled, this cable could contain the audio.  The RF connector on the back of the Famicom is an RCA connector (on my Famicom anyhow).  If that held the audio, he'd plug that into his audio input.  If the other connector that was added held video, he'd plug that into his tv's video input. 

It's hard to tell what's going on from the size of that picture, but they definitely fed a signal from the mod board to the RF RCA jack.  I'd probably just mod it myself at this point, I'm not sure what's going on there.

JC

I'll take some more pics in a little while and post them here. I'm not technical enough to know what the hell is going on. Thanks for the input so far.