March 28, 2024, 10:23:12 am

Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel

A few episodes from season 6 of Home Improvement.

jpx72

Prometheus!
Damn! Why nobody told me it was a prequel to the "Alien" movie? I postponed watching this because I thought it was some "clash of the titans 2" or something :crazy:

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: jpx72 on October 29, 2012, 04:23:27 am
Prometheus!
Why nobody told me it was a prequel to the "Alien" movie?

I didn't know that. :(

UglyJoe

November 03, 2012, 08:12:35 am #2208 Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 06:18:58 am by UglyJoe
Watched YCPT - Boku Dracula Kun

http://youcanplaythis.com/ycpt-boku-dracula-kun/

Post Merge: November 04, 2012, 06:18:58 am

Watched Wreck-It Ralph last night.  It's like 40 minutes of video game homages followed by a Pixar movie.  Pretty good, overall.

Epic_Lotus

Watcher in the Woods on Wednesday for Halloween, and we saw Hot Fuzz on Friday. 

Quote from: UglyJoe on November 03, 2012, 08:12:35 am
Watched YCPT - Boku Dracula Kun

http://youcanplaythis.com/ycpt-boku-dracula-kun/

Post Merge: November 04, 2012, 06:18:58 am

Watched Wreck-It Ralph last night.  It's like 40 minutes of video game homages followed by a Pixar movie.  Pretty good, overall.

Awesome description  :D

jpx72

Indiana Jones - Temple of DOOM!

Epic_Lotus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the animated movie.  I actually really enjoy this one.  It gets kind of lambasted by critics and fans alike, but I thought it did a lot of things right that the prequel movies did wrong.

manuel

In the last few days I watched Harry Potter 1-5 to make the wait for Animal Crossing shorter.  ;D
Damn, I missed a lot of stuff when I first watched those movies. Now it all makes a whole lot more sense.

Jedi Master Baiter

MWK

Jedi Master Baiter

jpx72

:star: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey :star:

manuel

Was it good, great, or fantastic?

I need to know.
I also want to go see it, but the English version is only shown in 3D here.
3D tickets are either 2000 Yen (24$) in one cinema or 2200 Yen (26.50$) in another. It has to be really worth it for me to consider going at such ridiculous prices.
I guess in a few months I could import the Blu-Ray for the same price including shipping... :/

jpx72

It was the pre-premiere, it's officially in cinemas over here from next week. Was in 3D and cost 8,60€

And it was FANTASTIC! The young Bilbo actor was a great choice! There were times where the camera was a bit weird and reminded me of a Argentinian telenovela :crazy: but the ammount of stuff on screen was HUGE and I highly recommend to watch this movie in cinema. Oh and the dwarves....were SO AMAZING! They are my favourite tolkien race now! ;D

What 3D concerns, I think it was not necessary. Totally not worth making this kind of movies in 3D, it was amazing, yes, but I would love to see it in normal 2D.
The 3D should be only for animated movies.

Oh and a small pseudo-spoiler
Spoiler

although this movie has a second part, you won't be sad how the first one ends, so much happens in this movie that you will be satisfied
[close]

manuel

Maybe I'll go see it after all...
It's out in Japan tomorrow. I'll probably wait until next year, though.