May 20, 2024, 03:07:59 am

Recent posts

Pages1 2 3 ... 10
Is there a video on this so we can see the cart in action?
Buy / Sell / Trade / Re: WTB Famicom cheat device
Last post by KirbyGod - Today at 02:41:44 am
I found this

https://allegro.pl/oferta/krzysiogenie-gamegenie-pegasus-famicom-14714647494

I think it's polish. I'd buy it but I have been burned too many times already. If anyone is brave enough please post details.
Is it possible that Nintendo accidentally forgot to collect one of the writers from a Japanese store after its discontinuation, and ended up in the hands of someone else?

P.S. It doesn't seem like the original writers were destroyed, or at least all of them, since I heard that Nintendo rented one of their writers for a movie.
Famicom / Disk System / Re: Excitebike netplay
Last post by TurtleKirby1234 - Today at 12:12:52 am
Quote from: P on May 31, 2023, 04:09:22 pmFun trick: you can run faster when falling off by mashing the A-button. I don't think this is mentioned in the manual. Nintendo reused this trick in Wave Race 64 when you fall off the waterscooter.
This quote has legit saved my life
Famicom / Disk System / Re: Game Identification
Last post by TurtleKirby1234 - Today at 12:01:43 am
Quote from: AlvistheElder on January 07, 2024, 02:01:34 pmAnyone know what this white SMB cartridge is? Someone said it might be pre release/prototype.

Not sure how to post photos.
I've never heard of one; maybe it's a bootleg or you're misreading the cart.
Also, the chances of it being prerelease or a prototype seems unlikely, since the SMB1 prototype probably couldn't even fit on a standard cartridge (the infamous 283kb>40kb myth). Could you try posting a picture with the "insert a picture icon" on the top, and use an image sharing site?
Famicom / Disk System / Re: 72 Pin to 60 Pin Converter...
Last post by MalditoComm - May 18, 2024, 10:52:47 pm
Quote from: P on April 25, 2024, 04:04:26 pmWhat games did you try? A few games won't work on cheap converters.

I only have two NES games - Section Z and Dragon Quest. The one I got was one of the $20 dime a dozen ones available on eBay, as most of the other options were not available at the time.
Quote from: MWK on May 15, 2024, 10:29:45 amI'm always using yer good 'ol pencil rubber eraser - never let me down so far  8)
I love how all these ancient techs using everyday items actually work.
Technical & Repair Assistance / Re: Famicom Won't Turn On but ...
Last post by P - May 17, 2024, 03:44:32 pm
Well, I guess we could rule out the AC-adapter at least, and since so many games have the same problem the problem is probably in the console.
A dirty cartridge slot could be a problem, but it usually shows itself as glitched screen, not a blank screen.
Maybe the power line doesn't connect to the cartridge.

You could try cleaning the cartridge connector with a toothbrush and isopropyl alcohol and let it dry.
More advanced: if you have a multimeter check for bad traces around the cartridge connector.
I remember finding this comic in the Granparents' house and wondered:
"Am I the only person who knows about this?"

Turns out I wasn't.
Famicom / Disk System / Re: Astro Ninja Man
Last post by portnoyd - May 15, 2024, 09:21:56 pm
The LRG garbage train keeps chugging away for dollars.
Pages1 2 3 ... 10