Famicom comic (1985) scanned

Started by xan_racketboy_fan, September 16, 2011, 03:27:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

punkpolitical

I Found the Disk System Comic Translated over at NFG Games. ;D

:diskkun:http://nfggames.com/games/FamicomDiskSystem/0 :diskkun:

P

Yeah that is kind of like the sequel to this. But it looks like that one is mirrored. Another translation is over at http://www.videogameden.com/article.htm?fdsw and it doesn't seem to be mirrored. Both translations keeps the Japanese sound effects and have explaining notes at the bottom. Maybe we should consider doing something similar if we can't solve our current problems.
I would like to see the untranslated version of this FDS Comic.

By the way I hope I can translate a few more pages this weekend, I'll be more careful to not make mistakes like the last one and keep notes of anything I don't fully understand.

punkpolitical

QuoteYeah that is kind of like the sequel to this. But it looks like that one is mirrored. Another translation is over at http://www.videogameden.com/article.htm?fdsw and it doesn't seem to be mirrored. Both translations keeps the Japanese sound effects and have explaining notes at the bottom. Maybe we should consider doing something similar if we can't solve our current problems.
I would like to see the untranslated version of this FDS Comic.

I would like to see the untranslated version 2 . Both of the translations use horrible fonts & use mirrored images. I would love to clean it up and use a good font but only if i had the original untranslated images.

P

Another two pages translated. Another line I'm not sure about...

Spoiler
---------13----------

Konkichi: They don't teach this I see. Then I will only tell you Kyouko chan.

TN: I'm not sure about this line.

Konkichi: Inside the main unit there are three LSIs.

SFX: Kacha kacha (opening famicom. Clack clack or something)

Konkichi: Manabu what are you doing? It's absolutely not allowed to open it!

Konkichi: If someone without expert knowledge opens it, it will break!

Manabu: But we must open it so we can see the insides, or else we won't understand it!

Konkichi: Wait just a minute, I will show you using my psychokinetic powers.

---------13----------
---------14----------
Kyouko: Wow amazing!

Konkichi: This is the insides of the Family computer!

TN: The red, square speachbubble. I'm guessing it's Konkichi speaking from the way he says it.

Game use ROM cartridge

TN: ROM Cartridge for game use.

Ventilation

RF Modulator

60 Pin connector

PPU

CPU

Expand connector

---------14----------
[close]

punkpolitical

October 30, 2011, 09:44:14 pm #34 Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 03:10:25 pm by punkpolitical
Another page............................................................................................ :link:

Spoiler
[close]

:pacman: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  :blinky: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

MWK

punkpolitical, keep up the good work, it's awesome! :yoshi:

jpx72

Wow the kids in Japan knew about the insides of their Famicom? This is awesome, the time I spent on searching which chip is CPU and which the PPU... and I could ask a 5 year-old!

P

November 28, 2011, 12:38:27 pm #37 Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:22:18 pm by P
Thanks for your comments and suggestions 80sFREAK.

Yeah there is no screw in the middle where he is putting the screwdriver, maybe a mistake from the artist. But I'm sure he is trying to open the Famicom up judging by the situation, and Konkichi even says not to open it no doubt. Also you can see the curved spinning marks near Manabus hand that shows that he is actually turning the screwdriver.

Melting heart sounds fine by me. I'll let punkpolitical decide though.

Quote from: jpx72 on November 01, 2011, 11:57:59 pm
Wow the kids in Japan knew about the insides of their Famicom? This is awesome, the time I spent on searching which chip is CPU and which the PPU... and I could ask a 5 year-old!

Haha! I would have wanted this comic to come with my NES when I was a kid too!

JewWario

Cannot wait to see the next installments, guys. You're doing a GREAT job!

P

Thanks for your support. I'm currently away from home and don't have much time over for this but I thought I should translate another page now. Unfortunately I haven't a whole page to post yet.

xan_racketboy_fan

Fantastic job with the translation guys! Whenever it's finished, I'll be sure to add it to the original post (with proper credits of course)

Duke.Togo

Wow, this is really amazing. Fantastic job, and I can't wait to see the whole thing.

punkpolitical

Just wanted to post this in case anyone would like to finish this or would like to help finish it. ;D
:pacman: * * * * * * * * *  :cherry: * * * * * * * * * * *  :blinky:

Since the original link to the comic is dead here is a new one:
http://www.filedropper.com/famicomcomic1985

Here is a link to the font that i used for the translation:
http://www.dafont.com/comic-book.font

Here are three unfinished pages:
Spoiler

[close]

xan_racketboy_fan

Thanks, punk!

The link you posted for the original comic seems broke, so I've reuploaded mine.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6vak1v331gtnd4k

P

Update time!! There you go. Four more pages!
I mean to finish what I start, slowly but surely!

Spoiler
---------15----------
Konkichi: These are LSIs called CPU and PPU!
Konkichi: It looks like a centipede but if we compare it to a human it is equivalent to the brain, the most important thing you know!
(TN: I'm not 100% sure about the above line)
Konkichi: The CPU is the brain that gives orders. It performs complicated calculations with fantastic speed, makes Mario and others move and let's music come out.
Konkichi: It's far superior to Manabu!
Konkichi: Next is the PPU!
Konkichi: This thing's job is to project the results of the CPU's calculations on the TV you see.
---------15----------
---------16----------
Kyouko: Hmm, so the PPU's abilities has something to do with the beauty of animations right?
Konkichi: That's right! As one would expect of Kyouko chan!
Manabu: So then what's inside this game cartridge?
Konkichi: Inside the cartridge there are two "memories" (LSIs that store things).
Konkichi: These are also part of the brain but one of them is for instructions and the other one contains pictures.
---------16----------
---------17----------
Konkichi: By inserting the cartridge into the 60-pin connector this way, the two memories will be connected to the main unit's CPU and PPU.
SFX: Kachi!
RF-switch
AC-adapter
Konkichi: This way the CPU is following the instructions from the memories on the cartridge, does calculations of the game and gives various instructions to the PPU, you see.
The pictures of the PPU changes into radio waves with the help of the RF-modulator, passing the RF-switch and are projected on the TV.
(TN: I'm not 100% sure about the above line)
Manabu: I'm getting to understand more and more. So that's why wether it's properly connected or not is very important right?
Konkichi: One shouldn't insert the connector roughly, but insert it quietly and properly.
---------17----------
---------18----------
Manabu: If we illustrate what Konkichi said as if it was a TV studio...
Manabu: You could almost say that the cartridge's instruction memory is the manus, the picture memory is the TV star, the CPU is the director, the PPU is the camera while the RF-modulator is the broadcasting station right?

TV star ---> Cartridge memory <--- manus
TV camera ---> PPU   CPU <--- director
RF-modulator <--- Broadcasting station

Konkichi: Ooh! Manabu is understanding quite allot, aren't you!
Manabu: Ehen!
Kyouko: For such a small thing it contains a surprisingly lot of things, doesn't it!
---------18----------
[close]