What are you listening to now?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:15:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

I've only ever heard bits and pieces in movies. Unfortunately, I don't think I would, since one of the parts of music I most enjoy is lyrical content.

JC

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on March 07, 2007, 01:04:20 pm
Whatchoo talking about?

Japanese rock. But maybe if I knew Japanese, I'd enjoy it. I can think of some music artists I like who sing in languages I don't understand. For instance, I like Sigur Ros, where in one album the vocalist made up his own language -- Hopelandish -- and sang in that.

vealchop

The only two japanese rock bands I've ever heard of was "Melt Banana" and some band named "The X" who all died on a plane crash. I used to listen to DJ Krush (japanese producer/dj) religiously. I've heard and listened to one Japanese MC named "You the Rock" also.
-chop

featherplucknfilms

Yeah, sometimes it gets annoying not knowing the words but half the time you don't know them anyways.  Also a lot Japanese bands sing in English.  Almost all the PIzza of Death (Hi Standard's label, on Fat Wreck Chords in US) bands do.
Ahh yeah Melt Banana, they're cool!    Haha, I haven't heard X too much since what I did hear wasn't too great for me, they're like the epic butt rock metal band of Japan.

Doc

The only Japanese I've ever heard is Mai Yamane's "The Real Folk Blues" which is an unbelieveable piece of music. That and "Step By Step", done by some band as the closing theme for Detective Conan's first season. I'd love to hear more, but where would one start, really?

JC

Paolo Nutini -- some new guy with decent music.

madman

There's a Japanese punk band called Electric Eel Shock http://www.electriceelshock.com/, I saw these guys a few years ago, a very entertaining show.  They're nuts.

Flash1087

Paolo Nutini is pretty good, that damn 'new shoes' song gets stuck in my head for hours when I hear it.

Right now I'm digging The Fray-"How To Save A Life".

kezja

"Tonight, Tonight, Tonight" by Beat Crusaders and then I'll listen to "Ichirin no Hana" by High and Mighty Color.

JC

Gavin Friday's "Angel" -- known best for its moments in the modern day Romeo and Juliet.

Switchstance

Hey Sandy - Polaris

Music from the opening of Pete & Pete's series.
Famicom lover

manuel

corisco

Credence Clearwater Revival and Buffalo Springfield :)
^^

JC

CCR is cool. Do you have a favorite song?