Wanted: Donkey Kong JR. Math Small Box (Complete)

Started by lobdale, June 06, 2012, 03:49:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lobdale

Alright friends, so I'm not sure how useful it is to post a "wanted" topic but I know there are plenty of us in Japan, and even though that's where I am I just have not been able to find this anywhere.

I need a boxed, complete copy (box, instructions, game) of the first, small-box release of Donkey Kong JR. no Sansuu Asobi (ドンキーコングJR.の算数遊び), also known as Donkey Kong JR. Math.  I check Yahoo often, my local stores, Rakuten, but my options are becoming limited and this is the last game I need to complete my set of original, "tiny box" Famicom releases.  I'd like to write a series of features for a website about them, and this one is seriously standing in the way!  What a jerk!

I'm willing to pay a finder's fee to the person who can get their hands on it.  I'm not exceedingly picky about price... though I know about what it's "worth," I haven't seen one in a while, and am gettin' kinda desperate.  Condition isn't of the utmost importance, but it shouldn't be ripped/missing box ears/grossly abused.  For reference purposes, I would consider one in the shape of the picture below to be in "really good shape."  I will probably accept most offers that aren't seriously unreasonable.

This is a picture of what it looks like!

You're my only hope, Famicom World!

:bub:

fredJ

Have you seen it on Yahoo, but too expensive? I know I see it from time to time, but it goes for alot. Maybe that is what is preventing you?
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

L___E___T

What does re regular version look like?  I think I have this but am missing the first edition of Devil World.  It's not for sale, but U'll need to check I'm not in the same situation as I believe I have the others.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

manuel

lobdale

I have actually never seen it on Yahoo.  I know!  The silver box one is worth far, far more, up into the 30000 range.  I've heard of the DK Math going recently for between 3000-5000, which is easily within the realm of acceptability to me.

manuel

I also never saw it on Yahoo and not in real life either.
It seems to be pretty scarce.

It's really weird.
Cart only copies only cost a few Yen.  :crazy:

fredJ

I may have confused it with the other one then, I didn't know there were two different.

You know, I have a suspicion that japanese sellers are looking at this forum and selling stuff we post about. So it might turn up soon.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

L___E___T

Pretty sure I have it, along with the popeye English as well in the original edition. 
It's just Devil World I'm missing.  I'll need to check to be doubly sure, but I know it's hard to find.

I thought the Sharp C1 cart was rare but apparently they're easier to find and about 10% the cost.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

lobdale

Devil World isn't a small box game, though it is the only mid-box game that had a pulse line as well as an art cart.

The carts themselves for all of these are exceedingly easy to find, it's finding them boxed that's tricky.

L___E___T

June 08, 2012, 04:21:00 am #9 Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:09:39 am by L___E___T
Ah, that's why I'm finding difficulty then I expect and why it wasn't in the original bulk I picked up way back when.  
Just to check  - does first edition pulse line boxed = small box edition??  I admit I'm not as knowledgable on this as I should be.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

lobdale

Quote from: L___E___T on June 08, 2012, 04:21:00 am
Ah, that's why I'm finding difficulty then I expect and why it wasn't in the original bulk I picked up way back when. 
Just to check  - does first edition pulse line boxed = small box edition??  I admit I'm not as knowledgable on this as I should be.

There are 16 "small box" games, they are the first sixteen games ever released for the Famicom, all published by Nintendo.  They are all pulse line carts except for the three shooting games which have a different style of label.  Devil World is the first game from Nintendo not to use the "small box," but some of them have a "pulse line" cart in them and some of them have an "art" cart in them.  I theorized it's because they started making the first batch of carts before deciding to change the packaging style and then they did a run of art carts too.  There's no way to tell which cart is inside the box.

lobdale

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that one has turned up on eBay.co.uk.  I'm gonna try to get it so just wanted to let you know not to try getting it for me for the finder's fee or anything and have us end up driving up each others' bids.

:diskkun: