WANTED: Sweet Home

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:02:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

JC

Doc

I might, but I'm thinking of doing something like, getting the Famicom version...

JC

Yeah -- you could do both, because isn't it difficult to play Sweet Home in Japanese? You could use the repro to teach yourself the Japanese!

Doc

Yeah...

...or I could find a guide. ;D

But seriously, I'll think about it. :D

michaelthegreat

I can do the repro on an original sweet home cart and install a switch so that you can play it in either jp and english.  It would add about $5 to the cost for the switch...   There also will be a hole drilled in the cart for the switch to fit through.

Doc

As of right now, I just made a big purchase, so I'm broke.

michaelthegreat

Hey, yeah I saw you mention something big in the finds topic.  When are you going to tell us about your big purchase?

Doc

Quote from: michaelthegreat on August 14, 2006, 06:58:28 pm
Hey, yeah I saw you mention something big in the finds topic.  When are you going to tell us about your big purchase?

When I get it. ;)

Doc

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on August 14, 2006, 11:34:28 pm
Quote from: FamicomJL on August 14, 2006, 09:40:30 pm
Quote from: michaelthegreat on August 14, 2006, 06:58:28 pm

When I get it. ;)

If you get it. :o

Actually, that's a good point...

JC

Case closed for JL, I guess. And yay for me, I'll be getting my Sweet Home English-language repro very soon. :D

Say, JL, you never mentioned if you liked playing it.

michaelthegreat

I was playing your repro last night and it's actually pretty cool.  It's hard though.  I didn't make any decisions that caused me to loose the game, but it was possible for me to make decision that would have made it impossible to go any further. 

It seems to me that it's the type of game that's so hard because it's too real in certain areas.  What I mean by this is that when people die in the game, they seem to be dead forever.  That's really realistic, but it makes the game very hard!  You have to play very well or you might not be able to survive later (of course, there may be some way to live later that I just don't know.  There are important items that can be used up and they don't seem to reapear either. 

There are other reasons that it is hard that have nothing to do with the game though.  I told myself that I was just double checking everything so I named everyone AAAAAAAA.  That's confusing sometimes too!   ::)

JC

Hey, Michael, got the Sweet Home and FF3. I haven't had time to pop in the FF3, but the Sweet Home is really cool. I am getting a bit confused with the names, even though they're not all exactly the same. Is there any way to change them so they're named after their item?