Something that annoys you

Started by ericj, June 06, 2008, 05:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightstar699

Quote from: L___E___T on March 14, 2012, 07:38:38 am
Nightstar - I used to love it when that happened in endless mode!
I used to tear up double perfects with my 5BP Hawk :P

I let my XBL membership fade after all of the security issues though, so I only play offline now :(

Much respect, Hawk is a character who requires much knowledge of matchups. I currently have 12,000 BP with Hawk, 11,000 BP with Honda, 5,000 with Blanka. (Yeah, I know, I play way too much  :gamer: )

Ah well, offline play is vastly superior anyway. Hopefully you get another membership in the future, so we can have some lagfest bouts.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

manuel

Quote from: fredJ on March 14, 2012, 08:17:45 am
Yes that 5% consumption tax in Japan must be a REEEAAALLLL burden.  :D Try 25% like we have it here ;)

25%... *shudder*
I hope it doesn't get that high in Japan!  :'(

Drakon

I don't like getting mad or making other people mad so I only play multiplayer fighting games with people who take it seriously but also just want to have fun.

manuel

Quote from: Drakon on March 14, 2012, 08:07:18 pm
people who take it seriously but also just want to have fun.

Are there many of those around?
I have some doubts...

Drakon

Quote from: manuel on March 14, 2012, 08:08:37 pm
Quote from: Drakon on March 14, 2012, 08:07:18 pm
people who take it seriously but also just want to have fun.

Are there many of those around?
I have some doubts...

I actually did find a few, but yeah they're very few and far in between.  One's coming over for my next birthday just so him and I can whore out my sf2 rainbow edition pcb in 2 player mode (as well as my collection of other arcade fighting game pcbs and the rest of my mad collection of awesome)

manuel

As I thought.
Have fun on your SF2 birthday party!

Drakon

Quote from: manuel on March 14, 2012, 09:06:35 pm
As I thought.
Have fun on your SF2 birthday party!

oh I will....I'll be feeling bad for my gf though....she's not really into that sort of thing.  Last time this guy came over we were laughing so hard at how broken the engine in my rival schools arcade board is that we were actually crying from laughing too hard.

L___E___T

Quote from: Drakon on March 14, 2012, 09:08:51 pm
this guy came over we were laughing so hard at how broken the engine in my rival schools arcade board is that we were actually crying from laughing too hard.

This is what YouTube is for :)     wish I could've seen that!     I had a friend that I used to play MVC1 with and we'd laugh at Spidey's taunts, pretty bad.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

fredJ

Quote from: 80sFREAK on March 15, 2012, 05:56:53 pm
How about education and medical support? Do you have to pay for it?

Maybe you want to prove a point, but to answer: no, it's free, including university. That is nice.  :D
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

Nightstar699

Quote from: L___E___T on March 16, 2012, 07:22:47 am
Quote from: Drakon on March 14, 2012, 09:08:51 pm
this guy came over we were laughing so hard at how broken the engine in my rival schools arcade board is that we were actually crying from laughing too hard.

This is what YouTube is for :)     wish I could've seen that!     I had a friend that I used to play MVC1 with and we'd laugh at Spidey's taunts, pretty bad.

Do your job! One for JJ! HEY!
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

manuel

March 16, 2012, 08:25:00 pm #745 Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 07:55:20 pm by manuel
Quote from: 80sFREAK on March 16, 2012, 03:22:40 pm
Quote from: fredJ on March 16, 2012, 09:27:56 am
Quote from: 80sFREAK on March 15, 2012, 05:56:53 pm
How about education and medical support? Do you have to pay for it?

Maybe you want to prove a point, but to answer: no, it's free, including university. That is nice.  :D
Sounds like you living in the Heaven. Ask manuel, how much cost these things here. IMO the problem is not to pay the tax, the problem where is that money going.

I can only second that. I wouldn't mind so much paying (higher) taxes if the money was at least used properly...

Post Merge: March 18, 2012, 07:55:20 pm

The fourth gasoline price hike in 4 weeks.  >:(
From 137 Yen to 154 Yen per liter in 1 month. If that goes on we'll pay 350 Yen by the end of the year...  :crazy:

nintendodork

Here, too. Premium is $4.01/gallon where I live.  :'(
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

manuel

That's super cheap!  :'(

Converted to gallons, regular gas here in my area costs 6.98$/gallon!
Premium (high octane) costs 11 Yen more per liter, so 7.49$/gallon.  :crazy:

America still has it very good!

In Europe it's even more expensive than in Japan, though.

manuel

That means I'll probably consume a bit less.  :'(
But 10% still isn't that bad compared to other countries.

I wonder if the video game retailers keep their prices (e.g. Nintendo 4,800 or 5,800 for standard releases) and eat the difference, or if games will get more expensive.

jpx72

March 19, 2012, 12:37:51 am #749 Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:33:44 am by jpx72
Our gassoline price. Today I tanked 1,56 eur per liter. It's historic maximum for my country.

EDIT: a little number mixup, but still extremly high.