Forum Issues

Started by UglyJoe, January 19, 2020, 11:35:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

UglyJoe

Itsa Mario

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Awaaaaa.

Quote from: Jedi Master Baiter on January 21, 2020, 10:09:47 pmNot a big deal, but trying to attach images in text (instead of the bottom) is broken?

Fixed!

Flying_Phoenix

the login button was absolutely nowhere to be found...
well today it seems to be back where it should have been...

UglyJoe

Quote from: xIceMan on January 21, 2020, 07:29:09 amAnother issue I'm having is time zone.
When I choose my time zone (UTC+1 = CET) the time is 4h ahead instead of giving me the correct time it's supposed to. This was also an issue on the old forum version

I set the forum's time offset to be 0, so it's now defaulting to UTC time.  You can pick your local timezone in the "Look and Layout" section of your profile so that the forum timestamps will be in your local time.  It's working for me, now, so I hope it works for you too :)

UglyJoe

Feedback links in user profiles should be working again.  That was the first hard one ;D

famiac

Quote from: UglyJoe on January 20, 2020, 02:19:05 pm
Quote from: famiac on January 20, 2020, 01:20:44 pmWere subject lines not preserved on thread replies? They're gone in this update

Looks like they are still around (they are on the Reply page) but they're not shown in the thread view.  I can see about adding them back in.

It's useful for archival/posterity. Sometimes people change the subject of the first post which changes the context for later posts

UglyJoe

Quote from: famiac on January 24, 2020, 02:51:10 pmIt's useful for archival/posterity. Sometimes people change the subject of the first post which changes the context for later posts

You should be seeing them again now.

VegaVegas

AH, I dont get any PM notifications by email. I have definitely been receiving them before so this was definitely turned off to everyone. Also I changed my time zone for the correct one and it got reset again once I logged in again... Please fix everything

UglyJoe

Quote from: MaarioS on January 25, 2020, 04:23:03 amAH, I dont get any PM notifications by email. I have definitely been receiving them before so this was definitely turned off to everyone.

Yeah, looks like email notifications got turned off somehow.  I turned them back on and did receive an email when I received a PM, so please let me know if it starts working for you again.

Quote from: MaarioS on January 25, 2020, 04:23:03 amAlso I changed my time zone for the correct one and it got reset again once I logged in again

Not sure about that one.  I changed my timezone to CEST and it showed me the correct time.  I logged out, cleared cookies, and logged back in and it still showed the correct time.  What steps are you taking to set your timezone?  Which times are showing as incorrect?  Also, I will note that when you are logged out that the timezones are all in PST (since that is the server's timezone) -- it is only modified when you are logged in.

krzy

How to access outbox of private messages?
Ok, got it, but I think it should be places there too:

And btw, when browsing the forum in mobile web browser, there are no topic dates/info about author/last message date, just the titles.

P

Linking to a certain post seems broken. Also sometimes when I press the NEW icon on a thread it doesn't scroll down to the newest post, and shows the top post instead.

Flying_Phoenix

Can't access profile or PM, it's all gone.
This is what I see in my forum bar, using the latest Firefox.

UglyJoe

Quote from: Flying_Phoenix on January 29, 2020, 02:22:14 amCan't access profile or PM, it's all gone.
This is what I see in my forum bar, using the latest Firefox.

There should be another menu in a white bar at the very top of the forum:

Flying_Phoenix

January 29, 2020, 04:48:33 am #27 Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 05:26:42 pm by Flying_Phoenix
that bar shows ok on my windows 7 laptotp, but on the mac it's not there, not sure why, both are running the latest version of firefox

works on mac too :)

Flying_Phoenix

There's no option to hide the email address...?

UglyJoe

Quote from: Flying_Phoenix on January 29, 2020, 07:08:11 pmThere's no option to hide the email address...?

It is hidden: