WTB Famicom Everdrive N8 from European seller/shipper.

Started by heranbago, February 13, 2014, 12:01:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

heranbago

I ordered a Famicom shaped  :redcart: Everdrive N8 from Neotienda and it disappeared between leaving Spain and entering my country.

I am looking reorder and I'd like to find a different seller but they seem to be the only ones in the EU that carry any. Does anyone know of a seller in the EU with these? I think I would be fine with the "China Edition."

The reason why I'm hesitant to buy from a US, Russia,or China seller is that with any package valued at more than 45 Euro after shipping they hold it at the customs office. Then I have to go downtown, wait for a few hours, open it in front of them, and pay an import tax.

XiTaU

Maybe contact L_E_T he might be able to order one and make a shell for u

P

Krikzz' own Retrogate ships from Ukraine I think. http://shop.retrogate.com/EverDrive-N8-Famicom-60pin-EDN8.htm

It says 12-17 days within EU but it only took 2 or 3 days to ship to Sweden for me. You can get it with good quality cart shell with screws and slot for SD (but no slot for USB) as well.

L___E___T

If you're inside the EU there is no import tax to pay.  Try and find your country here, or th closest one:

http://krikzz.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7

I ordered direct from Krikzz.com before the other stores got them, but I don't think he does that anymore.

Personally I don't like those shells - so I made my own and a bunch more.  I actually have one more left - this yellow one:
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

heranbago

Those are really nice labels L___E___T! As for retrogate, when paying with Paypal account which was made outside of the EU they weren't letting me ship to my country.

The one I ordered from Neotienda was found. There was a small hiccup in shipping and local tracking wasn't working but I received it after all. Whew! Thanks for the suggestions guys. I was close to buying a Chinese edition anyway but I'm glad I didn't. That Minish Cap Link sprite....

P

I'm glad you package was found. Have a friend that lost a ton of DVDs from Japan just because the post office in Sweden messed up and forgot to register the package when it arrived here!

XiTaU

i just wish i supported more hacks and pirates because i own most of the originals i want still its good it lets me play shit way out of my price range.

Raverrevolution

Man, the Everdrive N8 is probably one of the best things I've ever bought for the Famicom.  It's just awesome have a plethora of games loaded up into one cart.  My only wish is that the dev fixes the little annoyances with FDS games as to me playing them with full sound and control over switching disks are the most important features that I wanted.

L___E___T makes some damn cool cases for it.  I'm enjoying the sleekness of the way mine looks.  People think it's just a regular game which is what I ideally wanted it to look like.

heranbago

He's updating it all the time. most recently he added save states for certain mappers and support for whatever Castlevania 3 uses. I could see more updates to the N8 in the future before most of the other everdrives, but lately he's been finalizing the Gameboy one.

Mods, feel free to close this thread since it's fulfilled its purpose, or leave it open if you like.

L___E___T

I don't like the save states.  To me save states ruin gaming - the opportunity to abuse them is so open, I deliberately ignored all the info on them.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

XiTaU

I havent bothered to turn on the save states or try them yet it isnt really what im looking for in a flash cart.
Save states for some seemed to be a deal maker or breaker so it good he added them anyway.

P

I wholeheartedly agree. While I see save states could be useful sometimes, for let's say capturing a moment of a bug for crash reports or something, but if used when playing normally it's equally pointless as gamegenie codes like infinite lives etc.