Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent X

got in some time around noon time with the following games...

~Highway Star (Rad Racer)
~Downtown Nekketsu Story (River City Ransom)
~VICTORY ROAD: IKARI 2
~Salamander
~Mighty Final Fight
~Spartan X2

Gonna' power up the Super Famicom in an hour or so.
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

Rogles

Super Mario Bros. Somehow I haven't beaten it yet...
( ´_ゝ`)

Medisinyl

/\    ???  Wow...NEVER once completed SMB1?  I'm sure I've beaten it at least 100 times as long as warps are counted (probably only beaten the game all the way through no more than 5 times).  Most of these were when I was younger and SMB1 was what I always played with friends to show off how fast I could beat the game :P

Rogles

IT'S HARD. Actually, I had never played it until I had gotten it for the Famicom last year. I played it a couple times on emulators before that, but never really tried to beat it.
( ´_ゝ`)

133MHz

djdac

Medisinyl

Splatterhouse (definitely a good game, but too easy and rather short for a game with a password system).

Rcoehrs

On  a Mario kick. So just finished Super Mario Land on the gameboy. Good and easy platformer. But 2 blows it out of the water
"Sorry our pell chec is in another castle"

nintendodork

That's not a Famicom game.

I haven't played the Famicom since February! :o I played a little SMB2j for awhile, and then I played through Takeshi no Chosenjou
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Tupin

I played Gall Force last night, but I've been trying to beat Low G Man on the NES.

Medisinyl

Finally decided to tackle Holy Diver (with intent to beat it)...  It's sitting paused on level 3 at the moment as I'm taking a break from cussing.

Agent X

Good luck with "Holy Diver".  Had the game ONCE for six months and even after playing it twice a day for that duration I could never even get  past stage 2.  I don't think I'd cussed out a game, and yelled: "Bull fucking Shit!" so much in my life.  It's a great game, but the cheese factor for how you get killed just wasn't for me.  I sold it and never looked back.  I love the game's atmosphere though, but can't for the life of me understand why it's so rare and commands high prices (even loose) on eBAY?  It's just HARD.

That said, only FC game I've played lately are:

~Hello Kitty Balloon Adventure (with my daughter)
~Yume Penguin Story (I will beat this game!)
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

Medisinyl

March 28, 2009, 04:51:17 pm #912 Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:11:36 am by Medisinyl
Stage 2 took me 3 or 4 tries to beat (I beat the boss the second time I got to it), but stage 3 has gotten me rather upset, so if the following levels are even harder, then I can't expect to beat it tonight.   As for being sought after...  its Castlevania-like image would be one aspect, then the other would be the references to rock/metal music with playing as Dio (one of my top 3 favorite artists), and apparently the possibility of King Crimson and Slayer being mentioned (I saw in a FAQ on Gamefaqs that the names "King Crimson" and "Black Slayer" are mentioned at the end or something, though the writer made no mention of possible music references, or perhaps doesn't even know the band King Crimson).  The FAQ writer also mentioned "save state", so he clearly cheated to beat the game on an emulator--I'm of course playing on the actual cart.   

EDIT:  LEVEL 4!!!    --   F'ing finally.   Thankfully the level 3 boss was easy...took forever to get through the level. 

EDIT 2:  I haven't been playing it straight, but I've left the machine on and after coming back from a late dinner, I have yet to get past the first area of level 4, so it may be getting shut off until the next time I try to tackle beating it.  I actually don't think I'll have too much trouble getting back to level 4, but it would be nice to have a password system.  Ultimately, for the game to be as challenging as it is and for me to still be entertained with it, I know it must be a great game.  Thankfully I was able to control breaking something--I credit that to the affixed Famicom controllers--if this were on the NES, then I would be on my third controller by now. 

Again however, I've noticed this game runs much smoother than I would expect.  I mentioned in another thread about how Kid Dracula played smoother without lagging on the Famicom, but lagged with too many sprites, etc. when used on the NES with a converter.  I looked at a couple online Holy Diver clips on Youtube from emulators and they were complaining about sprite lag in areas that the game ran perfectly smooth for me on the Famicom with even more sprites. I had asked previously with no answer, but wanted to know if the Famicom is a more powerful system in some way (I have a Twin). 

FamicomFreak

I played 1942 for a little bit.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

zombiepowder

OBEY GIANT
巨人を靡く。
Submit to Mugen
ムゲンを屈伏。