Game Identification

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:16:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyB

Today i bought Dragonball Z for the super famicom but i want to know the exact name for my games list  :)

Here is a picture i got of ebay http://users.telenet.be/KennyB/dragonballz.JPG

Toneman

That would be "Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden". Great title
Instagram: Kokujin804

Doc

It's also the only one of the Dragon Ball Super Famicom games that I do not own.

KennyB

Quote from: FamicomJL on August 26, 2006, 11:37:52 am
It's also the only one of the Dragon Ball Super Famicom games that I do not own.

And it's the only Dragon ball game on the SFD that i DO own  ;D But it doesn't work in my converter  :'(

super56k

Ok, so, I have quite a few FamiCom games now, and most of them I know the titles of.  I know some because of their popularity, such as "Hoshi no Kirby", or "The Goonies", but not all.  Some carts have English text on them, like "IKARI DOGOSOKEN", so that is no problem.  The problem lies within the carts that are only labled in Japanese, and only have Japanese text on their title screens.   Take these two carts for instance...

This one has the text "HINO TORI" under the title, but there is far to much text on the front for that to be the entire title.

This one has no English text on it whatsoever.

Does anybody here know the names of either or both of these games?
I am currently working on a homepage...  details to follow.

JC

The second game is Getsufu Maden, or Geppu Maden. I've been looking for that one for a while. It's supposed to be very good. I don't recognize the first.

super56k

Quote from: JC on November 13, 2006, 03:41:32 pm
The second game is Getsufu Maden, or Geppu Maden. I've been looking for that one for a while. It's supposed to be very good. I don't recognize the first.

Thank you.  It is fun but also difficult, and very strange.  What do you mean by "or" though?  You can't remember wich one of the two it is, or does it just depend on how you pronounce it?

JC

Well, the common name I've seen for it is the first one I listed; the second name I listed is from the Famicom 1983-1994 history book. Go with the second, as I have on the games list -- unless we hear otherwise from those who speak the language.

super56k

Ok, I will, and thank you. :) 

I always put a label with the title in English on the back of all my import games.  It does not touch the original label, and so it should not ruin anything.  Now to find out the name of the other one.

JC

Found the first one: Hino Tori: Hououhen Gaou no Bouken. I think I placed the colon correctly. Also, it's sometimes written as one word: "Hinotori."

super56k

Thank you.  Now I just have a few mystery carts left.

JC

Profeta Yoshitake

I have them both!
The first is Hi no Tori, something close to Firebird in English, a cult game!
The second one is Geffuu Maden, one game that I have played on and on,
until the end. Had to make maps and stuff! VERY COOL game!!!
It is said that The Legend of Zelda 2: Adventures of Link was inspired on it,
but The Prophet cant' tell if it's true!

The Prophet recommends!!!
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

super56k