No output whatsoever on 1988 Famicom AV Mod

Started by dc16, August 17, 2015, 04:00:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dc16

I've successfully modded a Famicom, and on my second project, I'm getting no output out of the system, even at sound. The 1988 Famicom apparently has no markings on the board compared to the other one.

Have I marked the correct spots to touch?
I also applied ceramic capacitors to what I think is PPU 20 and 22, and CPU 40 and Ground.
I've tested the fuse, it works. The voltage regulator says it could be working. Though I will have to replace them. Everything else on the board is in nice shape, and the HVC-002 works (tested it on another system).

hvc01

dc16

Turns out the problem was me not isolating the board components properly, causing a short in some places. Oddly the fuse didn't burst. Everything is fine now. Because I didn't lift pin 21, I can see some faint horizontal jailbars, but it's not a problem as it's still more colorful than my NES.

I didn't have a 33uF capacitor handy, since I forgot to put it in my last Digikey order, so I made do with a 47uF capacitor that I usually use for the Sega Genesis.

80sFREAK

I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy