WTB Twin Famicom

Started by Voultar, February 09, 2014, 06:12:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Voultar

Hey all. I'm looking for a Twin Famicom (preferably the later black & green model)

If anyone here has one that they want to sell for a reasonably price, shoot me a message.

Thanks guys.

JessicaWolf

The specific model you want is the AN-505-BK.

Just adding a little helpful specificity  :)
Here are a few games I am looking for right now
Super Puzzle Fighter II X (Sega Saturn)
GeGeGe no Kotarou (Sega Saturn)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Sega Saturn)
KiKi KaiKai (PC Engine) (CIB)
Puzzle Bobble (Super Famicom) (CIB)

Voultar

Much obliged. Thank you, kindly.

XiTaU

location is always a good thing so people know if its worth offering since shipping them can be might costly.

Voultar

I'm located in the U.S.

Thanks!

JessicaWolf

If you are buying from someone in Japan, you are going to pay about 6000 Yen ($60) just for shipping alone. I bought a TwinFami from a user on here in Japan about 3 weeks ago and that's what I ended up paying to ship it to the US.
Here are a few games I am looking for right now
Super Puzzle Fighter II X (Sega Saturn)
GeGeGe no Kotarou (Sega Saturn)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Sega Saturn)
KiKi KaiKai (PC Engine) (CIB)
Puzzle Bobble (Super Famicom) (CIB)

Voultar

Indeed. There probably isn't any benefit from me buying here as opposed to E-bay. I thought I'd search around beforehand, though.  :yoshi: :bub: :star:

heranbago

It's not the minty green one with the turbo switches recommended but gamedoctorhk.com usually has one for sale. I have good experience with them.

http://gamedoctorhk.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_1_17_82&products_id=1204

$119.20 before the shipping (very fast but expensive from Hong Kong). Tested, new belt, comes with a 72pin-60pin game adaptor so you can play NES games.

No matter which twin famicom you get the controllers aren't exactly the best. Even if you wind up with the minty green AN-505-BK one with turbo switches you might still want to get a Japanese Joycard, either by Hudson or Sansui. If you're willing to spring for the extra controller then it doesn't mater which system you get so long as it works. Take a look at all four and keep an eye out for the color scheme you like best. There are red ones with either a grey and blue bar or a rounded black section around the cartridge slot, while there are black ones with either a green and grey bar (AN-505-BK) or a rounded red section around the cartridge slot. Personally I prefer the black ones, they look more like a gaming console and less like a "toy."

XiTaU

my twin famicom controller is my favorite to use i just took it apart and gave it a quick clean on some contacts when i bought it and it is a pleasure to play on.
as i remember mine only cost around $40 to ship from japan by surface mail maybe follow this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nintendo-Sharp-Twin-Famicom-AN-500B-BLACK-with-RF-Convertor-Japan-RARE-P23-/331123760030?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4d18839b9e its not green and untested though.

Voultar

Thank you both for the links and insight, I appreciate it!  :redcart:

StJackie

Have a black and then a red one.. Can do about $115 shipped (provided where you live) from japan.. Pm if interested..

XiTaU

thats a pretty good offer is the disk drive belt in good working order?
otherwise there is also this one probably just needs a belt change http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TWIN-FAMICOM-SHARP-JUNK-Console-System-Not-Working-AN-500R-Import-JAPAN-2141-/301075698016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4619829160

$56 + $35 surface shipping not too bad

StJackie

ya both work.... 3-7 day shipping as well

cheers

Raverrevolution

I'm so tempted to buy the other one off of you.  You're an awesome seller with super quick shipping.

Voultar

Hey, I'm definitely interested!